Mental Health Care
Millcreek Behavioral Care (MBH), established in 2001 to fulfill an urgent need for psychiatric inpatient services, is dedicated to meeting the mental health needs of individuals residing throughout Northwestern Pennsylvania.
MBH’s cutting-edge psychiatric services treat a variety of mental health symptoms. Please contact us if you, or someone you know, is experiencing any of the following:
- Thoughts about harming self or others
- Significant periods of depression or anxiety
- Marked changes in mood, sleep, or appetite
- Sudden forgetfulness and/or inability to concentrate
- Excessive anger or aggressiveness
- Decreased ability to care for self
- Seeing or hearing things that others do not see or hear
- Difficulty coping with the stresses of everyday life
- Significant disruption in work or personal life
Why consider MCH
- Excellent patient-staff ratio
- Highly trained & experienced staff
- individual and group therapy
- Medication and diagnostic teaching for both patient and family. All medication teaching provided within the unit by nurses and LPNs.
- Support through the psychiatric residency program through LECOM
Partial Hospitalization Program
Partial Health Program hours are Monday through Friday, 9 am through 3 pm.
The MCH Psychiatric Partial Hospitalization Program provides intensive, short-term outpatient treatment for adults to cope with mental illness, family issues, and/or substance abuse problems either as a step down program from inpatient treatment or as a more intensive level of care than outpatient services. Groups include:
- Stress Management
- Anger Management
- Depression Management
- Communication Skills
- Life Skills
- Medication Education and Management
- Community Readjustment
- Relapse Prevention
Millcreek Community Hospital understands that having a loved one hospitalized can be a stressful time for the entire family. We encourage you to visit friends and family members during their stay. Just as we make every effort to support our patients, we’ll be glad to answer your questions and make your visit pleasant.
If you need assistance, please call the hospital at 814-864-4031, or stop by the information desk in our lobby and speak with our helpful receptionists.
- Adult Behavioral Health hours are from 7 pm to 8 pm.
- Geriatric and Pediatric/Adolescent Behavioral Health hours are from 5:30 pm to 6:30 pm.