Full Time Billing and AP Specialist
LECOM Institute of Successful Aging
LECOM Institute of Successful Aging is seeking a qualified Billing and Accounts Payable Specialist to join our growing team!
This position entails a large amount resident and family interaction concerning patient billing and insurance information. Our ideal candidate will be a compassionate communicator with a strong background in medical billing and accounts payable. In addition, this position included the following responsibilities:
- Develop and execute strategies in collaboration with the CFO, Director of Finance, and Accounting Supervisor to enhance all phases of general accounting functionality;
- Assist with purchase order processing;
- Carry out data entry for accounts payable and cash receipts activity on an as needed basis;
- Aid in the development and distribution of various reports;
- Process bills for various LECOM Departments;
- Trouble shoot software issues with software vendor related to purchasing, accounting, finance, check processing and accounts payable;
- Bank account reconciliation on an as needed basis;
- General business office support as assigned;
- Assists in handling general inquiries with professionalism, courteousness and a sense of urgency;
- Works on special projects and other business, payroll and accounting duties on as needed basis. A high level of confidentiality exercising discretion and conducting oneself with the highest of ethical business standards is required;
- Assist with filing invoices, statement review, invoice entry, and check preparation;
- Pursues opportunities for personal development and increased expertise in addition to improvement in technical proficiencies; and
- Accept other duties needed/assigned for the Institution’s needs.
Education and experience equivalent to a: minimum of an Associate’s degree or equivalent from a (2) two-year College, in accounting, finance or other related field is required. Experience using accounting, finance or other related software is preferred. Extensive experience with Microsoft computer software is required, including Word, Excel, Power Point, Access and Outlook;
LECOM’s Full Time employees enjoy the availability of an industry leading benefits package. Includes Highmark Blue Cross / Blue Shield Health Insurance with employee-only coverage costing only $20/ month! Full Family Health Insurance is only $193.48/month! Life Insurance and AD&D Insurance is provided to all Full Time employees at no cost. The Health System also offers a 403(b) Retirement Plan to all employees working in excess of 1,000 hours in a year, with Employer Matching of 133 1/3% after completing one year of service!