LECOM Institute for Successful Aging
The LECOM Senior Living Center is accepting applications for Full and Part Time Activity / Recreation Aides to join our growing team.
The Activity / Recreation Aide will assist in organizing, directing and carrying out program activities which cover spiritual development, recreation, diversion, intellectual, and educational development for residents as an integral part of resident centered care.
The Full Time position will maintain a 40 hours/week schedule, while the Part Time position will typically work approximately 24 hours/week. These schedules will also include alternating weekend requirements.
JOB TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Knowledge, skills, attitude, and energy to consistently provide resident centered care.
- Organizes and directs or carries out a program of activities which will provide entertainment, intercommunication, relaxation, opportunity to express creative talent and fulfill basic psychological, social and spiritual needs for all the residents, subject to individual restrictions, limitations, and interests.
- Encourages hobbies and craft activities. Provides craft materials and supplies, instructs and supervises residents during craft activities, and complies with safety regulations and policies.
- Encourages social communication among residents through group activities and recreation.
- Helps in planning parties, provides games and encourages residents to assist in the planning.
- Encourages residents to participate in religious activities to fulfill their spiritual needs.
- Encourages intellectual/educational development through literature, lectures and cultural events.
- Provides reading material and CDs, tapes and digital books for the blind.
- Assist in recording of residents’ activities. Assists in admissions, evaluations and MDS process. Writes progress notes as needed.
- Must perform as a Universal Worker being cross-trained in housekeeping, dietary, and personal care functions.
- Must be flexible to accept other duties as needed or assigned by the resident or institution.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor or management.
LECOM’s full time employees enjoy the availability of an industry leading benefits package including:
- Highmark BC/BS Medical Insurance with employee-only coverage costing only $40/ month!
- Full Family Medical Insurance is only $235/month!
- Employees with LECOM Medical Insurance can take advantage of waived co-pays and deductibles at LECOM physicians and Millcreek Community Hospital.
- A 403(b) Retirement Plan with Employer Matching of 100% after completing one year of service!
- Life Insurance and AD&D Insurance is provided to all Full Time employees at no cost!
- Paid vacation, personal, and sick time accrual
- Referral Bonus program
- Employee recognition events
- Discount available to LECOM Fitness and Wellness Center
The LECOM Institute for Successful Aging is an Equal Opportunity Employer.