LECOM Institute for Successful Aging
An Activity Aide/Assistant will aid in organizing, directing and carrying out program activities which cover spiritual development, recreation, diversion, intellectual, and educational development for residents as an integral part of resident centered care.
Mon-Fri 10am-3pm, plus other hours as needed. Approximately 25 hrs/wk.
JOB TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Knowledge, skills, attitude, and energy to consistently provide resident centered care.
- Organizes and directs or carries out a program of activities which will provide entertainment, intercommunication, relaxation, opportunity to express creative talent and fulfill basic psychological, social and spiritual needs for all the residents, subject to individual restrictions, limitations, and interests.
- Encourages hobbies and craft activities. Provides craft materials and supplies, instructs and supervises residents during craft activities, and complies with safety regulations and policies.
- Encourages social communication among residents through group activities and recreation.
- Helps in planning parties, provides games and encourages residents to assist in the planning.
- Encourages residents to participate in religious activities to fulfill their spiritual needs.
- Encourages intellectual/educational development through literature, lectures and cultural events.
- Provides reading material and CDs, tapes and digital books for the blind.
- Assist in recording of residents’ activities. Assists in admissions, evaluations and MDS process. Writes progress notes as needed.
- Must perform as a Universal Worker being cross-trained in housekeeping, dietary, and personal care functions.
- Must be flexible to accept other duties as needed or assigned by the resident or institution.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor or management.
LECOM’s Part-time employees enjoy the availability of :
- Paid vacation time
- Referral program
- A 403(b) Retirement Plan after 1000 hours worked with Employer Matching of 133 1/3% after completing one year of service
- Employee recognition events
Job Type: Part-time