Millcreek Community Hospital
SUMMARY: Performs standard and advanced secretarial duties. Handle matters of a routine nature to conserve supervisor’s time. Provides administrative support and performs diversified administrative and secretarial functions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides confidential administrative support.
- Assists in maintaining established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance programs, safety, environmental and infection control standards.
- Assists in preparing for hospital licensure and accreditation surveys.
- Type’s correspondence, reports, policies, committee minutes, manuals, letters, forms, procedures and related material for department staff as requested. Performs other general typing as directed, initiating other documents and correspondence as appropriate.
- Composes letters and memoranda from dictation, verbal direction, or from knowledge of hospital policy and procedures. Takes and transcribes dictation of a highly confidential nature.
- Collects and prepares information used in discussions and meetings with executive staff members and outside individuals.
- Schedules and coordinates meetings and facilities which may include travel and lodging arrangements. Coordinates meetings and agenda materials. Attends meetings as required and records meeting minutes to maintain an accurate record of decisions.
- Schedules supervisor’s appointments; maintains and updates daily calendar. Maintains the calendar of events for hospital-wide meetings and events; schedules the use of conference rooms.
- Answers telephones, routes callers, takes messages and provides routine information to callers promptly and courteously. Receives visitors. Opens and routes incoming mail; distributes correspondence and other material to department staff.
- Orders office supplies as necessary.
- Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, in-service meetings, and workshops. Participates in educational programs and in-service meetings
- Assemble meeting materials for Department Meetings and Board Meetings.
- Maintain files of Confidential Matter
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Minimum Education: Post High School or Vocational/Specialized Training
Minimum Experience: Sufficient previous secretarial experience
Skills: Composing letters/memoranda
Inputting data into computer programs
Computer skills including use of e-mail and the internet