Assistant Culinary Manager
LECOM Senior Living Center
LECOM is looking for a talented Assistant Culinary Manager to join our Growing Team!
Knowledge, skills, attitude, and energy to consistently provide resident centered care.
- Assist the Culinary Manager in all operations within the Culinary Department including, but not limited to; hiring, disciplinary actions, scheduling, cost controls, item specifications, menu development, sanitation standards, and record keeping.
- Develops friendly and courteous relationships with residents and co-workers.
- Maintains confidentiality of all residents’ personal information.
- Prepares food and drink items using standard formulas or following directions.
- Explains and guides residents in regards cost and contents of their selections and provides alternative selections available.
- Puts away, replenishes, and rotates stock to ensure older items are used first.
- Ensures health guidelines and company sanitation policies are followed by employees and guests in all dining areas.
- Controls conduct of employees and residents in a friendly manner to prevent loss, theft, spills and cross contamination.
- Maintains control of product flow and employees.
- Performs cleaning duties while keeping both front and back café areas clean and free of debris throughout the work day.
- Must perform as a Universal Worker being cross-trained in housekeeping and personal care functions.
- Must be flexible to accept other duties as needed or assigned by the resident or institution.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor or management.
Education and experience equivalent to: Must have a High School Diploma or GED and 2 plus years Cooking experience.
LECOM’s full time employees enjoy the availability of an industry leading benefits package. Includes Highmark Blue Cross / Blue Shield Health Insurance with employee-only coverage costing only $35/ month! Full Family Health Insurance is only $230/month! The Health System also offers a 403(b) Retirement Plan to all employees working in excess of 1,000 hours in a year, with Employer Matching of 133 1/3% after completing one year of service! Life Insurance and AD&D Insurance is provided to all Full Time employees at no cost!
Job Type: Full-time