Assistant Director of Nursing (ADON) RN or LPN
LECOM Nursing and Rehabilitation is currently seeking an Assistant Director of Nursing to join our team!
This is a Full Time position that either a LPN or RN is qualified.
- LECOM’s Full Time employeesenjoy the availability of an industry leading benefits package.
- Includes Highmark Blue Cross / Blue Shield Health Insurance with employee-only coverage costing only $35/ month! Full Family Health Insurance is only $230/month! Home Host Health Benefits are also enjoyed by our employees using LECOM Physicians with Co-pays and Deductibles waived.
- Dental Insurance is offered at only $8 per month for employee only, and $23.20 per month for full family coverage. Co-Pays and deductibles will also be waived for covered individuals at the LECOM Dental School.
- Life Insurance and AD&D Insurance is provided to all Full Time employees at no cost.
- The Health System also offers a 403(b) Retirement Plan to all employees working in excess of 1,000 hours in a year, with the Employer Match of 133 1/3% of your contribution after completing one year of service!
About LECOM Health Nursing and Rehabilitation:
LECOM Health Nursing and Rehabilitation Center provides skilled care in a bright, inviting setting with a highly-trained clinical staff. The facility is located within five miles of all major Erie hospitals, offers 24-hour, seven-day-a-week respiratory therapy with a pulmonary specialist.
Customized care is given through a team approach, meeting the needs of each resident as he or she progresses through therapy.
The LECOM Health Nursing and Rehabilitation team believes that superior clinical care along with unsurpassed attention to service leads to wellness. In addition, our nurturing and experienced staff will care for you or your loved one in a warm and dignified environment. With our leading edge clinical programs, fine dining, recreational activities and amenities, center residents can attain maximum recovery potential.
The Assistant Director of Nursing is responsible for the day to day coordination and oversees all aspects of the Nursing Department as assigned by the Director of Nursing. The ADON is responsible for maintaining a high standard of resident centered care and is expected to plan and provide managerial and clinical support to residents and staff.
CHARACTERISTIC JOB TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages employees and participates in selection, orientation, counseling, evaluation, and scheduling of staff.
- Provides and facilities resident centered care.
- Performs routine skin evaluations and ensures the treatments are ordered and applied appropriately.
- Serves as a resource person to residents, families, physicians and staff in interpreting department policy.
- Assists DON in aspects of marketing including, but not limited to, developing positive relationships with the community, residents, and families. Providing tours and attending marketing events will also be required.
- Assists in the negotiation of approval for resident stay and rates with payers.
- Serves as an educator for residents, families, referral sources, payers, and case managers.
- Participate in precertification, preadmission screenings, outcome data, and review of records.
- Assists in the coordination of admissions and discharges.
- Conducts resident interviews for social, personal, and medical history.
- Assists residents with the activities of daily living including, but not limited to; bathing, dressing, dining, and transportation.
- Assists in the care planning process including implementation and accurate and timely documentation.
- Will perform as the Acting or Interim D.O.N. in the absence of the D.O.N.
- Must be flexible to accept other duties as needed or assigned by the resident or institution.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor or management.