Behavioral Health/ ER Assessment Tech. $1,000 Sign On Bonus
Website Millcreek Community Hospital
Millcreek Community Hospital is seeking a full time Behavioral Health Tech/ ER Assessment Tech.
SUMMARY: Assist the Psychiatric Resident and Attending Physician in the Behavioral Health area in the Emergency Department. Duties to include data collection and data entry into Electronic Medical Record; compiling the admission packet, coordination of admission/discharge information with the medical area in the Emergency Department; inform the Charge Nurse on Unit 4/5 of admission, confirming bed availability. This position will also assume responsibilities on Unit 4/5 when patients are not present in the Behavioral Health area in the Emergency Department.
Education Requirements: High school diploma or equivalent
Minimum Experience: A minimum of one year of experience in behavioral healthcare setting.
Required Certification: *CPR Certification
*Therapeutic Holds Training
(*To be obtained within 60 days of hire..
CORE COMPETENCIES IN PSYCHIATRIC SERVICES
- Sensitivity to a patient’s emotional, mental, physical needs.
- Data entry skills for electronic medical record.
- General understanding of Non-Violent Crisis Intervention Techniques.
- Awareness of psychiatric care delivery systems available in the community.
- Able to perform fundamental nursing skills such as but not limited to vital signs, intake and output, feeding, bathing, toileting, personal hygiene, transfer and ambulatory assistance.