Behavioral Health L.P.N.
Website Millcreek Community Hospital
Millcreek Community Hospital is seeking a full time LPN for the Behavioral Health Unit. This position is 36 hours a week 7pm-7am.
SUMMARY: Deliver patient care through the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation.
Minimum Education: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
Required Certification/License: Licensed as practical nurse in Pennsylvania
* Therapeutic Holds Training
(*To be obtained within 60 days of hire.)
- New graduate or one year of nursing experience in a hospital environment
- Familiarity with diagnostic criteria and related symptomatology.
- Familiarity with PA Department of Health Patient Rights and service delivery.
- Demonstrates competent written, oral and organizational skills in charting and treatment planning.
- General understanding of Non-Violent Crisis Intervention techniques.
- Familiarity with the use and administration of psychotropic medications.
- Familiarity with admission/discharge planning and community resources.
Familiarity with compliance policies and procedures
1. Sensitivity to a patient’s emotional, mental, and physical needs.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Completion of annual Behavioral Health competency trainings
Interested, qualified candidates may submit a resume along with an application by clicking the Apply for This Job link below. E.O.E