Behavioral Health Registered Nurse
Website Millcreek Community Hospital
Millcreek Community Hospital is looking for a Behavioral Health Registered Nurse.
SUMMARY: The Registered Staff Nurse will provide a high standard of care through assessment, planning, implementing, and evaluation of all patients under their care. They are responsible for all day to day nursing care and will follow all nursing guidelines and care plans for the appropriate patient. They may also fill in as charge nurse on the unit as assigned.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Provide patient care and medication administration utilizing nursing principles while attending to the responsibilities and needs of assigned patients.
- Utilize established standards of care and unit policies and procedures when making clinically appropriate decisions.
- Participate in patient care planning by communicating patient information to members of the treatment team.
- Provide patient education and guidance to address patient problems through admission to discharge.
- Identify and participate in staff training programs designed to improve professional knowledge and skills that will enhance clinical expertise and patient care.
- Participate in the QA/QI process to ensure positive patient outcomes and evaluation of nursing care.
- Demonstrate professional behavior and interactions at all times with patients, family members, other professionals and staff.
- Admits and discharges patients as instructed.
- Accompanies physician on rounds when appropriate, and keeps informed of special orders concerning patients.
- Inspects rooms for cleanliness, comfort, and safety; making sure that it is set up appropriately.
- Monitors emotional stability of patients and reports changes to physician or charge nurse.
- Maintains a safe, comfortable, and therapeutic environment for patients/families in accordance with hospital standards.
- Investigates and completes incident reports, or refers unusual problems to superior.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
Required Certification/License: 1) Current RN license
2) *CPR certification
3) *Therapeutic Holds Training
4) Other certification as required
(*To be obtained within 60 days of hire.)
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Familiarity with diagnostic criteria and related symptomatology.
- Familiarity with PA Department of Health Patient Rights and service delivery.
- Demonstrates competent written, oral and organizational skills in charting and treatment planning.
- General understanding of Non-Violent Crisis Intervention techniques.
- Familiarity with the use and administration of psychotropic medications.
- Familiarity with admission/discharge planning and community resources.
- Familiarity with compliance policies and procedures.
1. Sensitivity to a patient’s emotional, mental, and physical needs.
2. Strong written and oral communication skills.
3. Knowledge of therapeutic communication techniques specifically working with people with varying disabilities.
4. Completion of annual Behavioral Health competency trainings