Corry Memorial Hospital
To perform services necessary to complete efficient and accurate insurance processing for all patients in compliance with LECOM Health Corry Memorial Hospital policies and procedures.
Characteristic job tasks and responsibilities:
- Answer telephones and provide patient support regarding questions about patient balances.
- Understand and complete the step by step transaction processes in the billing system.
- Responsible for processing and following up on unpaid/denied claims until paid or written off appropriately.
- Responsible for a portion of the A/R which requires phone contact with insurance companies and investigation of review letters.
- Responsible for maintaining a follow up file on unpaid claims and following through until the accounts reach zero. Review files consistently for payment or non-payment.
- Responsible for investigating and evaluating recurring denial issues and reporting them to the Revenue Cycle Manager.
- May be responsible for coverage and support of managing collections of overdue personal balances.
- Responsible for handling appeals on claims.
- Compile information for Revenue Cycle Manager to review for final evaluations prior to write off.
- Responsible for reviewing patient statements if patient has questions.
- Responsible for reviewing procedures and/or office visits to verify accuracy.
- Accurately processes the charges in the computer system and balances at the end of the day.
- Prepares and sends electronic and paper claims to insurance companies.
- Assists in posting payments
- Substitutes Receptionist position as necessary.
- Upload to Medical Record System as necessary.
- Assist with other tasks as assigned by the Revenue Cycle Manager
LECOM Health’s full time employees enjoy the availability of an industry leading benefits package along with competitive wages. Enhanced benefits include Highmark Blue Cross / Blue Shield Health Insurance starting at only $55 a month! Life Insurance and AD&D Insurance is provided to all Full Time employees at no cost. The Health System also offers an excellent 403(b) Retirement Plan to all employees working in excess of 1,000 hours in a year, with an employer match of 100% after completing one year of service.