Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
Millcreek Community Hospital
Chief Financial Officer –LECOM Health Millcreek Community Hospital
If you are an experienced healthcare finance professional/Chief Financial Officer/ Vice President of Finance / VP of Finance, or executive level financial professional with leadership experience, then you need to read on…
LECOM HEALTH Millcreek Community Hospital
Millcreek Community Hospital is a 165 bed acute care hospital located in Erie, Pennsylvania. We serve our community through our emergency department, providing surgeries, offering a host of outpatient services including physical therapy, imaging and diagnostic services, in-patient care for medical patients, psychiatric patients, and patients that struggle with addiction issues.
We are part of a growing health system that also includes the nation’s largest medical school, a dental and pharmacy school, a rural access hospital, clinical practices and a number of nursing homes and senior living centers.
We offer a substantial base salary plus health, dental and life insurance and a very generous retirement plan.
Chief Financial Officer Job Requirements
A track record of career progression and successful leadership at or approaching the CFO level, preferably in healthcare.
Ideal candidates will have:
· MBA and/or CPA and CHFP certification.
· A minimum of 10-15 years of diversified financial accounting experiences with at least 8 years as a healthcare finance professional.
· Prior CFO experience
- ·Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Sufficient previous financial management experience, at least five years
Chief Financial Officer Duties
· Manages employees through subordinates, usually other managers.
· Establishes performance goals, allocates resources and assesses policies for direct subordinates.
· Maintains established departmental policies and procedures, objectives and quality assurance program.
· Develops and recommends department operating budget and ensures that department operates within budget.
· Manages hospital’s financial resources.
· Supervises and coordinates the functions of reimbursement, budget, patient accounting, and general accounting, which includes general ledger accounting, accounts payable, and cashiering.
· Organizes and maintains an effective system of accounting and cost determination. Reviews and modifies cost system and data collection to ensure maximum cost reimbursement for patient services.
· Prepares reports outlining hospital’s financial position in all areas of assets, liabilities, income and expense, based on past, present, and planned future operations.
· Prepares and affects timely filing of federal, state, hospital association, third party, and other financial reports as required.
· Recommends budget planning guidelines to the Board, and coordinates preparation of current operating and capital budgets with Administration for hospital and clinics.
· Provides for current and adequate insurance protection to protect hospital from liability and other losses.
· Presents recommendations with respect to costs, charges, rates, etc. to permit income to support hospital activities. Revises rate structure.
· Participates in cost impact of personnel policies and programs such as employee benefit plan additions or changes, general salary increases, etc.
. Performs cost studies involving third parties and with hospital auditing firm representatives. Audits financial basis for any hospital activity.
· Directs care and maintenance of department facilities, equipment, and supplies.
· Maintains professional growth and development through seminars, workshops, and professional affiliations to keep abreast of latest trends in field of expertise.
· Participates in hospital/medical staff committee meetings as required. Attends and serves on professional/civic service organizations as hospital representative.
· Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
LECOM Health Millcreek Community Hospital is an EEO – to be considered for unique opportunity within a growing Health Care System, submit a cover letter, resume and at least three references.
Job Type: Full-time