Behavioral Health Clinic Director
Website Millcreek Community Hospital
Join the region’s leading behavioral health system and make a positive impact in the lives of others.
We are seeking a driven and compassionate individual with proven leadership experience to provide oversight to the Millcreek Community Hospital Outpatient Psychiatric Clinic. This position will collaborate with a multidisciplinary team in meeting the behavioral health needs of individuals across the lifespan. The exceptional candidate will enhance clinic operations and ensure the best possible care is provided to our patients.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
· Ensure that all services of the program are managed appropriately according to agency and program standards and will provide direct care when needed.
· Function as the point-of-contact for all issues related to the services provided and work collaboratively with others to ensure proper clinical care is provided and needed referrals are handled timely.
· Represent the clinic through participation in activities which inform the community of the clinic’s function and services.
· Evaluate program performance/effectiveness for all areas of designated program and promote and improve systems that effectively measure outcomes for patients served.
· Assign and monitor direct report caseloads and monitor utilization, engagement, and productivity.
· Work closely with the leads of the other Behavioral Health affiliates to establish an effective collaborative relationship between the outpatient clinic and other services.
· Continuously evaluate and implement practice efficiency initiatives.
· Function as the lead point-of-contact for all employee matters.
· Produce ongoing staff schedules and ensure timely daily assignment sheets for all practice employees
· Positively manage change to support the BH service line’s mission and values and in accordance with the financial goals and strategic plan.
· Work with supervisor, Medical Director, and others to ensure that appropriate policies/procedures are in place and review all policies/procedures at minimum yearly to ensure that they are current and being followed as required.
· Collaborate with Medical Director and others to develop annual provider schedule that maximizes access, capacity, and revenue generation opportunities.
· Work closely with the Finance staff within the LH system to monitor practice expenses, revenue generation, and overall budget adherence.
· Work closely with the leads of the other Behavioral Health affiliates to establish an effective collaborative relationship between the outpatient clinic and other services
· Oversee maintenance of adequate office supplies, resources, and therapeutic materials.
· Collaborate with MAE staff on matters regarding building needs.
· Develop, monitor, review and revise as needed, procedures and standards to ensure regulatory requirements and quality outcomes are met or exceeded for the department.
· Ensure treatment plans authored by MHP/MHW are reviewed and co-signed by Psychiatrist.
· Develop chart auditing process and ensure patient charts meet quality/regulatory standards.
· Assist in development, monitoring, and execution of quality improvement plans.
· Track, trend, and report on practice quality indicators.
· Contribute to routine risk assessments and safety/compliance planning.
· Respond to patient concerns/complaints within 24 business hours.
· Maintain a presence within the clinic location(s) in order to provide staff with oversight and guidance regarding operational needs.
· Ensure that required clinical supervision is provided to all staff in accordance with program-specific requirements.
· Oversee, make recommendations, and ensure that all staff are receiving appropriate training
· Recommend additional development for staff as applicable.
· Develop consistent supervision and consultative opportunities for all staff.
· Manage staff by assigning and delegating tasks as needed.
· Perform annual employee reviews and provide ongoing constructive feedback on performance.
· Manage all employee corrective actions and work with supervisor and human resources to ensure proper protocol is followed as required by personnel policies.
· Employ and discharge of staff according to personnel policies.
· Facilitate routine staff communication and meetings to ensure efficient and effective patient care.
· Maintain documentation of clinical supervision and staff meetings.
· Participate in staff meetings with Medical Director and/or psychiatrists.
· Personally adheres to the mission, vision, philosophy, guiding principles and core values of LECOM Health and demonstrates commitment to the LH system.
· Be familiar with and implement all relevant office policies and procedures.
· Attend all office meetings, clinical supervisions, and training sessions.
· Understand and adhere to the professional policies and standards in the Millcreek Community Hospital Employee Handbook.
· Goodwill ambassador for LECOM Health by promoting awareness to the patient of all physicians and services LECOM Health provides.
· Adhere to obligations under clinic’s Duty to Warn policy.
· Pursues professional development opportunities, both individually and as deemed appropriate by supervisor for clinic participation.
· All other duties as assigned.
· Graduate Degree in mental health, healthcare administration, or related field preferred.
· Current PA LPC, LCSW, LMFT, and/or Licensed Psychologist (or license eligible) preferred.
· Two years of supervisory experience in the mental health, healthcare, or related field preferred.
· Must have positive and supportive attitude toward the clinic, LECOM Health system, patients receiving care, and employees.
· Possesses or able to acquire knowledge of Erie County Mental Health Resources and mental health level of care determination.
· Knowledge of trauma informed care preferred.
· Quality management experience preferred.
· Ability to maintain effective and organized systems.
· Must be able to obtain Act 33/34 and FBI clearances upon hire.
· Must complete Mandated Reporter training within 30 days of hire.
· Exceptional customer service and phone etiquette.