Corry Memorial Hospital
Prepare and cook food for all patients and customers in the café including personnel. Also consults with supervisor concerning recipes, amounts of food and portion size.
characteristic job tasks and responsibilities:
· Cook patient and café foods for lunch, all special orders and luncheons, observing recipe specifications and changes.
· Serve appealing food in proper serving sizes promptly.
· Maintain neat, safe, and sanitary work area at all times.
· Take inventory of all leftovers, use them in appropriate recipes and cook alternatives when necessary.
· Prepare menu and food items for the next day.
· Locking/Unlocking of all coolers and doors in the kitchen area.
· Record all temperatures in coolers and freezers.
· Alert supervisor to all problems or needs concerning equipment and food supplies.
· Attend department staff and educational meetings.
· Perform other duties as assigned within the dietary department.
LECOM’s full time employees enjoy the availability of an industry leading benefits package along with competitive wages. Enhanced benefits include Highmark Blue Cross / Blue Shield Health Insurance starting at only $40 a month! Life Insurance and AD&D Insurance is provided to all Full Time employees at no cost. The Health System also offers an excellent 403(b) Retirement Plan to all employees working in excess of 1,000 hours in a year, with an employer match of 100% after completing one year of service!