Correspondence Clerk/ Chart Analyst
CORRY MEMORIAL HOSPITAL
Facilitates completion of record requests in accordance with established hospital and departmental policies, and state and federal laws. Facilitates completion of abstracting and data transmission.
characteristic job tasks and responsibilities:
- Completion of Birth Registration process as required by Vital Statistics
- Abstraction of required data from inpatient and Same Day surgery records
- Analyzes and transmits required data for CMS, PHC4 and any other regulatory quality requirements.
- Coordinates release of medical information to all requestors, including patients, physician, and other health care providers, insurance companies, and attorneys.
- Verifies authorizations in accordance with hospital policy and procedures and state, and federal laws.
- Maintains security and confidentiality regulations for record access and review.
- Consults HIM Manager or Director of Quality and Human Resources with any unusual requests.
- Schedules appointments for review of records by attorneys, auditors, patients, etc
- Processes requests for medical information per protocol.
- Performs quality improvement audits on records as instructed by the HIM Manager
- Assists in answering telephones and routes calls appropriately or records accurate messages
- Assists in retrieving charts for physician completion when necessary
- Calculates and distributes deficiency reports for physicians when necessary
- Maintains a good working relationship within the department and with other departments
- Willingly accepts additional assignments as requested
- Abides by General Department Requirements. See Policy and Procedure Manual
- Efficient use of current hospital computer software.
- Additional assignments provided by Revenue Cycle Manager.
LECOM Health’s full time employees enjoy the availability of an industry leading benefits package along with competitive wages. Enhanced benefits include Highmark Blue Cross / Blue Shield Health Insurance starting at only $40 a month! Life Insurance and AD&D Insurance is provided to all Full Time employees at no cost. The Health System also offers an excellent 403(b) Retirement Plan to all employees working in excess of 1,000 hours in a year, with an employer match of 100% after completing one year of service.