Director of Information Technology
Corry Memorial Hospital
Lead IT department in providing support for Corry Memorial Hospital staff in relation to computer systems hardware and software while overseeing projects to provide short and long term plans for information technology at CMH. The Director of Information Technology will also serve as security officer to enforce computer system policies and procedures to meet HIPAA requirements.
Characteristic Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Audit system security and access, provide department heads any of the following: Access Logs, Web Usage Logs by workstation, and Security Permission Logs.
- Ensure backups are being done and data is retrievable in monthly file restorations from tape.
- Ensure a feasible cost efficient disaster recovery plan is implemented.
- Configure server operating systems and create workstation images to be deployed.
- Responsible for the implementation and maintenance of servers and network equipment.
- Monitor attempts for unauthorized access and malicious intent. Respond as necessary.
- Create budget for Information Technology Department.
- Provide current employees computer training opportunities.
- Seek out ways to enhance departments’ productivity through the use of existing or new technology and recommend to appropriate personnel.
- Ensure CMH Website is being maintained as needed.
- Provide CMH Employees access to an intranet that allows quick access to common information.
- Develop software to increase efficiency and reduce costs for CMH as needed.
- Keep up to date on current technology trends.
- Recommend purchase of needed and beneficial hardware and software.
- Ensure adequate and secure remote connectivity is provided to the necessary individuals.
- Create and maintain a network map.
- Test for system vulnerabilities quarterly, and patch as necessary.
- Ensure adequate virus and adware/spyware protection and detection is implemented throughout the network.
- Coordinate and make department heads aware of planned downtime.
- Ensure prompt removal of computer system access in coordination with Director of Human Resources.
- Ensure software licensing is in accordance with copyright laws.
- Ensure organization needs are being met through meetings with department managers.
- Create an On-Call Schedule. Provide on call coverage as needed.
- Recruit, hire and supervise I.T. Department personnel.
Education: Associate Degree in Information Technology or related field required, Bachelor Degree preferred.
LECOM Health’s full time employees enjoy the availability of an industry leading benefits package along with competitive wages. Enhanced benefits include Highmark Blue Cross / Blue Shield Health Insurance starting at only $40 a month! Life Insurance and AD&D Insurance is provided to all Full Time employees at no cost. The Health System also offers an excellent 403(b) Retirement Plan to all employees working in excess of 1,000 hours in a year, with an employer match of 100% after completing one year of service.