Director of Nursing
Website Lecom Health Millcreek Community Hospital
Millcreek Community Hospital is seeking a full time Director of Nursing.
Director of Nursing Services
The Director of Nursing Services oversees, plans, organizes, and evaluates patient care operations for our acute-care hospital on a 24-hour basis while promoting ongoing collaboration with all departments especially areas that relate directly to patient care operations and services.
- Promotes a lead by example mentality; willingly assisting in any all patient care area;
- Plans and develops strategic short, mid- and long-term goals and processes to enhance and continually improve patient care and advance the hospital’s mission, vision and values;
- Evaluates and identifies achievements and problems in meeting goals;
- Manages, guides, coaches, and evaluates the work performance of patient care staff with a continuous improvement approach;
- Identifies, plans and enacts cost saving initiatives;
- Participates in development of evidence-based standards of practice;
- Identifies opportunities for improvement in patient care and organizational processes;
- Assumes leadership in identifying and correcting factors contributing to problematic outcomes.
- Interviews, evaluates, counsels and disciplines staff.
This individual must be a true leader. They will also interact with directors of other department and serve on host of committees within the facility and will report directly to our President and CEO.
Education and Experience
· BSN or MSN degree is preferred.
· Active Registered Nurse License in PA
· Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
· Minimum of ten year RN clinical experience and five years management experience in relevant care setting required, preferably acute care.
Interested, qualified candidates may submit a resume along with an application by clicking the Apply for this Job link below or mail a resume to Human Resources, Millcreek Community Hospital, 5515 Peach Street, Erie Pa 16509. E.O.E.