Emergency Department LPN $5,000 Sign On Bonus
Corry Memorial Hospital
Provides direct and indirect patient care in the emergency care setting. Is able to triage safely, rapidly and accurately, every patient that enters the emergency care system. Provides care that reflects initiative, flexibility and responsibility indicative of professional expectation with a minimum of supervision. Determines priorities of care based on physical and psychosocial needs, as well as factors influencing patient flow through the system. Communicates with Emergency Department physicians about changes in patient’s status, symptomatology and results of diagnostic studies. Is able to respond quickly and accurately to changes in condition or response to treatment.
Characteristic Job tasks and responsibilities
· Knowledge of medications and their correct administration based on age of the patient and their clinical condition.
· Ability to perform a head to toe assessment of all patients and reassessments as per policy. This includes infant/pediatric and general patient population.
· Rapidly and accurately assigns triage categories: Emergent, Urgent and Non-Urgent.
· Performs patient care responsibilities considering needs specific to the standard of care for patient’s age.
· Communicates appropriately and clearly to physicians and co-workers.
· Revises standardized ACI based upon identified learning needs and evaluates effectiveness of learning while including family as appropriate.
· Consults other departments as appropriate to provide for an interdisciplinary approach to the patient’s needs.
· Ability to function well under stressful situations.
· Demonstrates an ability to assist physicians with procedures in the Emergency Department.
· Treats patients and their families with respect and dignity. Assists manager in the development, implementation and evaluation of QI indicators to improve patient outcome and work environment.
· Documentation meets current standards and policies.
· Performs other duties as directed by Registered Nurse.
LECOM Health’s full time employees enjoy the availability of an industry leading benefits package along with competitive wages. Enhanced benefits include Highmark Blue Cross / Blue Shield Health Insurance starting at only $40 a month! Life Insurance and AD&D Insurance is provided to all Full Time employees at no cost. The Health System also offers an excellent 403(b) Retirement Plan to all employees working in excess of 1,000 hours in a year, with an employer match of 100% after completing one year of service.