Corry Memorial Hospital
Provides comprehensive and confidential administrative support to the President, VP of Affiliated Services, and Medical Staff of Corry Memorial Hospital.
characteristic job tasks and responsibilities:
· Act as point of contact between the President and internal/external stakeholders.
· Effectively communicates with affiliated organizations, consultants and vendors in all matters of mutual importance; including the department of health.
· Maintain the calendars of the President/CEO, VP of Affiliated Services, and Corry Memorial Hospital.
· Meeting coordinator: coordinates and schedules meetings, conferences and events.
· Event planning: assists in planning and organizing various events and functions of the President/CEO’s office.
· Take dictation and minutes and accurately enter data.
· Produce reports, presentations and briefs.
· Maintains a filing system for all correspondence and for all pertinent records, answers phones, takes messages, and performs various daily correspondence on an as-needed basis.
· Manage all Corry Memorial Hospital contracts and business associate agreements.
· Orders supplies in a timely manner.
· Manages administration departmental payroll.
· Collects and maintains credit card receipts to reconcile monthly statements and submit to A/P timely.
· Serve as medical staff coordinator; preparing monthly agenda, writing minutes, maintain physician and allied health credential files including new appointments and re-appointment processes.
· Serves as Corry Memorial Hospital Notary.
· Assists with patient grievances.
· Participates in community outreach activities.
· Actively assists in planning of annual golf tournament.
· Coordinates vending machine contracts.
· Assists with other tasks assigned by the President/CEO.
knowledge, skills, abilities, and personal characteristics:
· Must demonstrate reliability and a sense of urgency in completing tasks quickly and in a timely manner.
· Must have excellent customer service skills.
· Must perform as a universal worker, being able to assist in all areas if needed.
· Must demonstrate strong leadership and organizational skills.
· Must show respect for patients, families, and fellow employees in all actions.
· Must have a high degree of integrity.
· Must respect the resources of the hospital.
· Must present professionally in proper uniform according to Employee Handbook.
· Must demonstrate attention toward quality service.
· Must respect all patients’ rights according to Federal and State Regulations.
· Must maintain confidentiality according to Federal and State Regulations.
· Must follow all Organizational policies and procedures.
· Must participate in continuing education as required.
· Must have excellent writing, time management, organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
· Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
· Must exhibit flexibility and be able to perform successfully when challenged by changing workflow priorities.
· The ability to work cooperatively and collegially with others, consistent with a workplace of dignity and respect and follow EEO rules and regulations.
· The ability to report to work as scheduled on time.
· The ability to accept work directives supervisor in respectful and cooperative manner. .
education, experience, licenses:
High School Diploma, Bachelor Degree preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to stand, walk, sit, use hands and arms, climb stairs, talk, hear, and see. The employee must have the ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Employee is responsible for performing duties in an environment that is free from discrimination, intimidation, coercion or harassment, including sexual harassment. Work is performed indoors and occasionally outdoors. The noise level in the work environment is low to moderate.
Assists in the creation of a culture of safety and environmental protection by performing work safely in accordance with departmental safety procedures. Operates equipment safely and reports any unsafe work conditions or practice to supervisor.
LECOM Health’s full time employees enjoy the availability of an industry leading benefits package along with competitive wages. Enhanced benefits include Highmark Blue Cross / Blue Shield Health Insurance starting at only $55 a month! Life Insurance and AD&D Insurance is provided to all Full Time employees at no cost. The Health System also offers an excellent 403(b) Retirement Plan to all employees working in excess of 1,000 hours in a year, with an employer match of 100% after completing one year of service.