Website Lecom Medical Associates of Erie
Medical Associates of Erie is seeking an exempt Fiscal Controller
The Controller is responsible for analyzing, interpreting, and controlling the organization’s accounting and financial records. The Controller’s duties cover all the accounting functions in the organization. These include general accounting, cost accounting, budgeting and forecasting, accounting methods and procedures, taxes, and internal auditing. This position reports to the Chief Financial Officer.
- Oversee the activities of the Accounting Department for the accurate and timely dissemination of financial management reports including, but not limited to, internal and external monthly financial statements.
- Oversee the activities of the Human Resource Specialist.
- Manages the accurate and timely processing of accounts payable, petty cash, core employee expense reports, cash control, core payroll processing.
- Review quarterly & annual payroll tax filings & related documents.
- Compiles data and completes the annual budget.
- Completes corporate income tax compliance to assure the accurate and timely completion of all tax returns.
- Coordinate with and provide information to internal & external audit teams to ensure
- Prepare, review and provide upper management with monthly, quarterly & annual reports.
- Assist with data compiling for required year-end retirement plan testing to ensure
- Establish and maintain accounting software systems and related controls which verify the integrity of all systems, processes and data, and enhance the Company’s value.
- Compiles reports for accuracy of all payroll functions.
- Coordinates training programs for new staff and identifies training needs for current staff.
- Participate in a wide variety of special projects and compile a variety of special reports.
- Communicate with employees, management, entities and others in a courteous and professional manner.
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures, and instructions.
- Conform with all safety rules and use all appropriate safety equipment.
- Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS
Education And/Or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- Must have 5 years of hands-on accounting managerial experience.
- Strong general ledger, cost accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, income tax and GAAP.
- Understanding of employment law and familiarity with pre tax and post-tax benefit plans required.
- Spreadsheet proficiency required.
- Ability to work independently and in a fast-paced changing environment.
- Experience in healthcare financial management preferred.
- Experience in healthcare informatics is a plus.
Medical Associates of Erie offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefit package including a matching 403B, medical, dental, and no cost life insurance.