Certified Inpatient Coder
Website Millcreek Community Hospital
SUMMARY: Millcreek Community Hospital is seeking a full time skilled inpatient medical coder to join our growing coding team. You will play a key role in the revenue cycle process by reviewing inpatient records and assigning appropriate diagnostic/procedure codes. You will also assist in reviewing inpatient coding denials, writing appeals and correcting edits. We offer competitive wages and the opportunity to work remotely after an introductory period.
- Review inpatient medical record to assign and sequence the appropriate ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS codes
- Maintain or exceed established coding accuracy and productivity standards
- Initiate physician queries where appropriate
- Aid with reviewing denials and writing appeals
- Assist in additional coding functions as necessary
- Two years of inpatient coding experience
- CPC, CCS, CIC, RHIT or RHIA
- Exposure to Meditech (EMR) Inpatient Rehab, Behavioral Health or Detox coding experience
- Knowledge of MS Excel
Interested, qualified candidates may submit a resume along with an application by clicking the Apply for This Job link below or mail a resume to Human Resources, Millcreek Community Hospital, 5515 Peach Street, Erie Pa 16509.E.O.E.