Certified Outpatient Coder
Website Millcreek Community Hospital
SUMMARY: Plays a key role in the revenue cycle process by reviewing outpatient records and assigning appropriate diagnostic/procedure codes and charges for outpatient provider based clinics and other ancillary services.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance program, safety, environmental and infection control standards.
- Reviews outpatient medical record to assign the appropriate ICD-10-CM and CPT codes.
- Assigns/reviews facility and professional service level charges for provider based clinics.
- Enters additional charges from ancillary system to host system.
- Initiates physician queries where appropriate.
- Maintains or exceeds established coding accuracy and productivity standards
- Assist in additional coding functions as needed
- Two years of outpatient coding and/or physician office coding/billing experience.
- Experience reviewing and/or assigning E/M levels
- CPC, CCS, CIC, RHIT or RHIA
- Exposure to Meditech (EMR)
- Provider Based Clinic Coding/Billing Experience
- Experience coding orthopedics and/or behavioral health
- Knowledge of MS Excel
Interested, qualified candidates may submit a resume along with an application by clicking the Apply for This Job link below or mail a resume to Human Resources, Millcreek Community Hospital, 5515 Peach Street, Erie Pa 16509.E.O.E.