Hospice Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
The Visiting Nurse Association of Erie County, an affiliate of LECOM Institute for Successful Aging, is seeking a Full-time Hospice LPN. The Hospice LPN provides skilled nursing care under the direct supervision of the Registered Nurse and performs selected actions in the provision of palliative and hospice nursing care.
Other duties include coordinating hospice care by working with other team members as well as with patients/family members to ensure needs are met, evaluating the effectiveness of hospice services to the patient and family on an ongoing basis, and performing evaluations for hospice care along with informational visits as needed, while utilizing the nursing process to provide professional nursing care.
- Must possess a valid PA LPN License
- Must possess a valid PA Driver’s License with reliable transportation
- Must possess valid CPR and First Aid certification
- One or more years experience as an LPN and/or Hospice experience a plus
LECOM’s full time employees enjoy the availability of an industry leading benefits package including:
- Highmark BC/BS Medical Insurance with employee-only coverage costing only $35/ month!
- Full Family Medical Insurance is only $230/month!
- Employees with LECOM Medical Insurance can take advantage of waived co-pays and deductibles at LECOM physicians and Millcreek Community Hosptial.
- A 403(b) Retirement Plan with Employer Matching of 133 1/3% after completing one year of service
- Life Insurance and AD&D Insurance is provided to all Full Time employees at no cost!
- Referral program
- Employee appreciation and recognition programs
The RN and LPN Tuition Reimbursement Program was created to assist LECOM Health employees by offsetting a portion of their educational expenses. Registered Nurses or Licensed Practical Nurses may be eligible for tuition reimbursement up to a maximum of $22,000.
*The Tuition Reimbursement Program is a taxable benefit. LECOM Health reserves the right to modify or terminate this program, in whole or in part, in such manner as it shall determine, either alone or in conjunction with other programs of LECOM. Modification or termination may be made by the company for any reason, including but not limited to modifications under the Internal Revenue Code or to comply with applicable state or federal regulations.
Job Type: Full-Time