Corry Memorial Hospital
Corry Memorial Hospital is seeking full time Housekeepers for 2nd and 3rd shift.
Cleans and services building areas according to established procedures. Moves furniture, equipment and supplies throughout facility. Performs a variety of environmental services duties to maintain the facility in a neat, orderly and sanitary condition.
Characteristic Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Selects cleaning materials and supplies and prepares solutions according to procedure. Loads service cart and transports to work area.
- Cleans assigned areas by washing furniture, tile, fixtures and equipment with germicidal cleaning solutions.
- Cleans assigned areas by washing walls, doors, door frames, ceilings, vents, patient televisions and windows; strips and applies floor finish and polishes floors.
- Mops and buffs floor areas, vacuums carpets, spot cleans floors and carpets, using appropriate solutions and arranges furniture and equipment back in an orderly fashion after cleaning assigned area.
- Requests cleaning supplies and equipment as needed.
- Cleans Equipment and notifies supervisor of equipment needing repair. Reports safety hazards to supervisor.
- Follow instructions regarding the use of cleaning materials and supplies in accordance with OSHA and Institutional Safety Protocols
- Returns unused supplies to proper place, cleans carts and equipment and ensures all items are replaced in an orderly manner.
- Climbs ladder to reach high areas for cleaning purposes.
- Collects waste from all areas of facility, sanitizes trash cans and keeps waste disposal area sanitized.
- • Assists in collecting and distributing soiled or clean linen.
- Collects hazardous waste in manner established by the Infection Control Committee.
- Cleans rooms after patients have been discharged or more frequently if needed.
- Arranges furniture for meetings, workshops and facility affairs, as requested.
- Shovel/Salt sidewalks as needed if maintenance is unavailable.
- Performs other related duties as requested by supervisor.
LECOM Health’s full time employees enjoy the availability of an industry leading benefits package along with competitive wages. Enhanced benefits include Highmark Blue Cross / Blue Shield Health Insurance starting at only $40 a month! Life Insurance and AD&D Insurance is provided to all Full Time employees at no cost. The Health System also offers an excellent 403(b) Retirement Plan to all employees working in excess of 1,000 hours in a year, with an employer match of 100% after completing one year of service.