Corry Memorial Hospital
LECOM Health Corry Memorial Hospital is currently seeking a third shift Housekeeper. The Housekeeper will be responsible for the following duties:
- Selects cleaning materials and supplies and prepares solutions according to procedure. Loads service cart and transports to work area.
- Cleans assigned areas by washing furniture, tile, fixtures and equipment with germicidal cleaning solutions.
- Cleans assigned areas by washing walls, doors, door frames, ceilings, vents, patient televisions and windows; strips and applies floor finish and polishes floors.
- Mops and buffs floor areas, vacuums carpets, spot cleans floors and carpets, using appropriate solutions and arranges furniture and equipment back in an orderly fashion after cleaning assigned area.
- Requests cleaning supplies and equipment as needed.
- Cleans Equipment and notifies supervisor of equipment needing repair. Reports safety hazards to supervisor.
- Follow instructions regarding the use of cleaning materials and supplies in accordance with OSHA and Institutional Safety Protocols
- Returns unused supplies to proper place, cleans carts and equipment and ensures all items are replaced in an orderly manner.
- Climbs ladder to reach high areas for cleaning purposes.
- Collects waste from all areas of facility, sanitizes trash cans and keeps waste disposal area sanitized.
- Assists in collecting and distributing soiled or clean linen.
- Collects hazardous waste in manner established by the Infection Control Committee.
- Cleans rooms after patients have been discharged or more frequently if needed.
- Arranges furniture for meetings, workshops and facility affairs, as requested.
- Shovel/Salt sidewalks as needed if maintenance is unavailable.
- Performs other related duties as requested by supervisor.