Infection Control Nurse / Nurse Educator
Website Lecom Health Millcreek Community Hospital
Millcreek Community Hospital is seeking a full time Infection Control Nurse / Nurse Educator.
SUMMARY: This individual has oversight over all infection control and prevention related activities within the organization. This individual will also be responsible for all functions of the employee health program and for providing clinical employee health services at the hospital.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To assist with the development and implementation of all Infection Control Policies governing the control of infections and communicable diseases.
- To be aware of current products, trends and developments designed to reduce the risk of health care associated infections.
- To be a consultant/resource person to all staff on issues concerning infection control.
- To monitor hospital departments for compliance with infection control guidelines, to enforce universal precautions, and establish control measures to protect patients, employees, visitors, and other persons.
- To provide information to all employees related to infection control at orientation, in-services, and training programs at least annually.
- To develop and implement a hospital wide surveillance system to be informed of all infections for tracking and analysis of health care associated and community acquired infections present upon admission.
- To initiate targeted surveillance studies related to trending and/or clustering of infections within the health care setting.
- To monitor employees through Employee Health Services for infectious and communicable diseases.
- To monitor and report communicable diseases as required to local and state health departments.
- Coordinate with local, state and federal emergency preparedness authorities to address communicable disease threats, bioterrorism and outbreaks.
- Reports as required to the CDC-NHSN to comply with ACT 52
- To develop and provide the following reports to the Infection Control Committee at the bi-monthly meetings:
– Health Care Associated and Community acquired infection rates.
– Department of Health reportable diseases.
– Environmental surveillance.
– Biannual summary of Infection Control activities to be submitted to the Board of Directors.
- To present reports as necessary to the following committees:
– Performance Improvement
– Safety/Risk Management
– Nursing Supervisors
– Patient Safety Committee
- To see that all Infection Control Committee meeting minutes are sent to the Staff Executive Committee for their approval.
Education Requirements: BSN preferred, but not required. Current PA nursing license
Minimum Experience: Minimum of three years of experience in an acute care setting.
Interested, qualified candidates may submit a resume along with an application by clicking the Apply for this Job link below or mail a resume to Human Resources, Millcreek Community Hospital, 5515 Peach Street, Erie PA 16509. EOE
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://firstname.lastname@example.org;email@example.com;firstname.lastname@example.org →