Intake Specialist — Weekends Only
Visiting Nurse Association of Erie County
The Visiting Nurse Association of Erie County, a part of the LECOM Institute for Successful Aging, is accepting applications/resumes for a Part Time Intake Specialist. Intake Specialists assist in the coordination of patient care under the direction of the Executive Director.
**The schedule for this position will be weekends only – every Saturday and Sunday**
CHARACTERISTIC JOB TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Receives all intake information for paraprofessional cases and enters the appropriate information in the computer.
- Completes intake forms and routes them appropriately for admission approval.
- Receives referral information from Liaison team and passes the referral information to the appropriate staff as soon as possible.
- Enter referrals the day they are received into Referral Manager.
- Updates referral board prior to am and pm meetings.
- Places calls to physicians to confirm who will sign orders (document in chart) and to patients to discuss admission and be alerted if patient has an appointment or refuses services.
- Enter all information relevant for the team to complete admission.
- Update referral with any changes prior to admission
- Confirm F2F date for physician referrals and enter into case communication note.
- Enter ROC orders, scheduling note, and ROC case communication note and send to appropriate team members.
- Email intake team census numbers and referral log in the am and pm.
- Check insurance for authorization at time of referral. Enter a case communication note into McKesson.
- Obtain authorization according to insurance requirements within time constraints. Enter insurance communication notes with visit authorizations obtained and send to team members.
- Monitor authorizations for completion and need for continued authorization requests.
- Follow up authorization process within 24 hours of receiving notification that forms are complete.
- Maintain an accurate, timely and daily authorization process and corresponding log to track progress.
- Must be flexible to accept other duties needed or assigned by the resident or institution.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor or management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS:
- Must possess required knowledge and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Must work cooperatively with all members of the team, following EEO rules and regulations, to accomplish a resident centered culture.
- Must demonstrate strong leadership and organizational skills.
- Must show respect for residents, families, and fellow employees in all actions.
- Must have a high degree of integrity.
- Must respect the resources of the organization.
- Must follow all infection control procedures and guidelines.
- Must present professionally in proper uniform according to Employee Handbook.
- Must demonstrate attention toward quality service according to Federal and State Regulations.
- Must respect all resident rights according to Federal and State Regulations.
- Must maintain confidentiality according to Federal and State Regulations.
- Must follow all Organizational policies and procedures.
- Must participate in continuing education as required.
- Must process adequate equipment skills to complete daily work tasks including but not limited to the copier, fax, computer, and other electronic devices.
- The ability to work cooperatively and collegially with others, consistent with a workplace of dignity and respect and EEO rules and regulations.
- he ability to report to work as scheduled, ready to devote full attention and energy to the important work of LECOM.
- The ability to accept work directives from managers and supervisors in respectful and cooperative manner.
- Experience in a Home Health Care setting preferred.
- Must be computer literate and able to maintain records in English.
- Valid PA LPN license preferred, but not required.
LECOM Institute of Successful Aging is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Part-time