LECOM Institue for Behavioral Health – Front Office Receptionist
Millcreek Community Hospital, an Equal Opportunity Employer, is currently a Full Time Front Office Receptionist to join our LIBH team.
SUMMARY: The BH Receptionist has an overall responsibility of superb customer service with patients, caregivers, and collaborating professionals. The Receptionist is responsible for providing professional, compassionate, and timely support to ensure the visitor experience, via phone or in person, is well-coordinated and friendly.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Greet patients in polite, prompt, and helpful manner.
· Presents self as “face of the clinic.”
· Assist patients/visitors/callers of the clinic with information about the practice.
· Facilitate appropriate check in/check out process for patients verifying and updating necessary patient information
· Collect relevant patient signatures as assigned by supervisors.
· Reconcile daily encounters.
· Coordinate with LECOM Health system fiscal agents to collect, record, and coordinate transition of patient co-pays, payment reconciliation, deductibles, etc.
· Inform staff of patient and visitor arrivals.
· Utilize electronic health record to task staff regarding patient needs/requests.
· Assist providers and patients with scheduling and rescheduling appointments.
· Answer/route/return telephone calls, take messages.
· Maintain updated information on provider schedules ensuring patients are scheduled properly and appointments are confirmed.
· Maintain security by following all clinic procedures.
· Maintain clean, orderly, and safe reception and waiting areas.
· Prompt patients to complete patient satisfaction questionnaires.
· Notify Clinic Director and/or Providers of urgent patient needs, complaints, and/or safety issues.
· Process incoming/outgoing mail.
· Data entry in electronic health record.
· Assist with maintaining accurate medical records via timely uploading of patient related scanning as well as office filing, copying, faxing, etc.
· Copy and administer patient welcome packets.
· Assist in identifying clinic supply needs and communicates with Clinic Director regarding supply needs.
· Personally adhere to LECOM Health’s mission, vision, philosophy, guiding principles and core values.
· Maintain patient confidentiality as required by the MCH policies and HIPAA.
· Understand and adhere to the professional policies and standards in the MCH Employee Handbook.
· Act as a goodwill ambassador for the clinic, the hospital and LECOM Health by promoting awareness to the patient of all physicians and services LECOM Health provides.
· Attend staff meetings, required supervision meetings, and any/all other relevant meetings.
· Provide coverage at other locations and other roles when needed.
· Submit routine Medical Associated of Erie (MAE) and MCH reports and fiscal items.
· Pursue professional development opportunities, both individually and as deemed appropriate by supervisor.
· All other duties as assigned.
· High school diploma or equivalent, formal clerical or secretarial skills training program outside of high school preferred.
· Demonstrates sensitivity in relating to and working with persons of varying backgrounds, strengths, aptitudes, and abilities.
· Excellent interpersonal skills.
· Ability to organize his or her time to ensure maximum efficiency in clinic operations in the allotted working day.
· Presents self in a professional manner; contributes to positive work environment.
· Knowledge of clinical procedures and medical terminology.
· Telephone etiquette/customer service skills and proficient in Word/Excel.
· Provide current Act 33/34 and FBI clearances upon hire.
· Provide and/or complete Mandated Reporter training.
· Complete crisis de-escalation management and training.
· Must have valid current insurance coverage and reliable transportation.
· Remains in compliance with annual training plan requirements.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
· Frequent standing/walking/sitting.
· Occasionally lifting or items of light to medium weight (up to 25 lbs).
· Occasional reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, crouching.
· Primarily medical office space, subject to many interruptions. Interactions with members of the general public