Linen Room Aide — First Shift/Full Time
Millcreek Community Hospital has an opening for a Linen Room Aide. This a full-time position during first shift.
JOB SUMMARY: Maintain linen inventory and distribution. Performs a variety of general cleaning tasks to maintain patient rooms, offices, hallways and other assigned areas of the hospital.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Issues, stores and inventories hospital linen for all departments of the Hospital
2. Sorts, inspects, counts and records laundered items received from Linen Services. Fills departmental requisitions by counting out, assembling into packs and placing on carts for delivery to designated departments.
3. Inventories linen items periodically to determine replacement needs in order to maintain adequate supply.
4. Performs a variety of general cleaning tasks including cleaning offices, conference rooms and other assigned areas of the hospital as directed.
5. Must be able capable of lifting 50 pounds and be able to load linen carts and transport to various locations of the hospital.
6. Must have some knowledge of computers and working with Excel spreadsheets.
7. Must take care of equipment and supplies. Maintain care of handling lost and found articles.
8. Must be able to organize and plan work in order to get it completed in their work day.
Mental Application: Must remain mentally alert.
Dexterity: Must have quickness of movement in order to get all tasks completed daily.
Accuracy: Must adhere to a close standard of record keeping.
Experience: May be trained on the job.
Education or Training: High School education or GED, must be able to read and write and have some knowledge of basic math.
Physical Demands: Must be able to stand on feet several hours daily.
Must have no back trouble and able to kneel and reach easily. Must be able to lift and move up to 50#. Must be able to lift laundry bags from and into carts.
Working Conditions: Works in desirable environment, air conditioned in summer. Days off are consistent, but may be called in on days off when another employee is absent.