LECOM Nursing and Rehabilitation is seeking a Full Time Maintenance Technician to join our growing team!
The Maintenance Technician provides direct support to the Maintenance and Housekeeping Supervisor while working independently performing general maintenance work on multiple projects inside one or more of LECOM’s skilled nursing facilities. The Technician must be detail oriented, possess excellent computer and time management skills, and the ability to prioritize tasks to ensure that deadlines are met.
- Collaborates with site personnel, other trades, subcontractors (e.g., scheduling work orders and work activities, identifying project specifications, estimating costs, establishing required delivery dates of equipment and supplies) for the purpose of providing written support, conveying information, and coordinating work assignment activities;
- Handle confidential and non-routine information;
- Assist in ensuring the safety of occupants and building users, oversees emergency equipment, supplies, records and OSHA standards;
- Analyze and respond appropriately to emergency situations;
- Performs a variety of clerical and administrative duties;
- Act as a point of contact for facilities questions and unique issues;
- Routes supplies, equipment and other deliveries as appropriate;
- Receive work orders or delegated work from the management to ensure work is completed in the assigned area;
- various construction programs;
- Knowledge of materials, methods, terminology, equipment and tools used in the maintenance, repair, and construction of building structures and systems including those used in performing rough and finished carpentry, plumbing, heating, electrical, mechanical, and painting work;
- Knowledge of basic principles and practices concerning budget preparation and administration;
- Knowledge of equipment, tools and materials used in facility maintenance activities;
- Knowledge of principles and practices of safety management (OSHA);
- Office procedures, methods, and equipment including computers and applicable software applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, and databases;
- Knowledge of and ability to follow pertinent local, state and federal laws, ordinances, codes, and rules;
- Ability to read and understand construction drawings, plans and specifications;
- Ability to organize, implement and direct facility maintenance operations and activities;
- Interpret and explain pertinent department policies and procedures;
- Develop cost estimates for supplies and equipment;
- Perform the most complex maintenance duties and operate related equipment;
- Demonstrate tact and diplomacy with the employees and the overall visiting public;
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work;
- Ability to pay attention to detail and demonstrate quality work ethic on a consistent basis;
- Be able to be flexible to accept other duties needed/assigned for the Institution’s needs;
- The ability to work cooperatively and collegially with others, consistent with a workplace of dignity and respect and EEO rules and regulations;
- The ability to report to work as scheduled, ready to devote full attention and energy to the important work of LECOM; and
- The ability to accept work directives from managers and supervisors in a respectful and cooperative manner.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Must have a valid Driver’s License
- At least 1 year previous skilled maintenance experience and/or education, required
LECOM’s full time employees enjoy the availability of an industry leading benefits package including:
- Highmark BC/BS Medical Insurance with employee-only coverage costing only $40/ month!
- Full Family Medical Insurance is only $250/month!
- Employees with LECOM Medical Insurance can take advantage of waived co-pays and deductibles at LECOM physicians and Millcreek Community Hospital.
- A 403(b) Retirement Plan with Employer Matching of 100% after completing one year of service!
- Life Insurance and AD&D Insurance is provided to all Full Time employees at no cost!
- Paid vacation and sick time accrual
- 7 paid Holidays each year
- Referral Bonus program
- Employee recognition events
- Discount available to LECOM Fitness and Wellness Center
The LECOM Institute for Successful Aging is an Equal Opportunity Employer.