Medical Billing Analyst
Website Medical Associates of Erie
Medical associates of Erie is seeking a full time Billing Analyst
SUMMARY: A team player with excellent customer service skills to provide a full range of insurance processing duties in support of efficient operations of the department. To perform services necessary to complete efficient insurance processing for all payor classes.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for answering telephones and providing patient support regarding questions about their balances.
- Responsible for understanding the step by step transaction processes in the billing system.
- Communicates effectively and maintains effective working relationships with others. Interacts harmoniously by displaying cooperation and sensitivity regardless of status. Maintains emotional stability and control at all times.
- Demonstrates service excellence and positive relationships with all internal and external service groups by meeting or exceeding their expectations.
- Familiar with all office policies and procedures, including the step by step processes in the Billing Department.
- Participates in the development and fulfillment of goals and objectives of the Billing Department.
- Maintains patient/employee confidentiality as per HIPAA guidelines in all aspects of patient/employee care
- Demonstrates Medical Associates of Erie’s commitment to service excellence by understanding the needs of patients, their families, physicians and co-workers and doing what is required the first time, every time by being responsible, sensitive, accurate, timely, coordinated and thorough.
- Performs other duties as assigned by authorized personnel or as may be required to meet emergency situations.
Accounts Receivable Duties
- Responsible for processing and following up on unpaid/denied claims until paid or written off appropriately.
- Responsible for a portion of the A/R which requires phone contact with insurance companies and investigation of review letters.
- Responsible for maintaining a follow up file on unpaid claims, working the accounts until they reach zero. File will be constantly reviewed for payment or non-payment.
- Responsible for investigating and evaluating recurring denial issues and reporting them to the supervisor/manager
- May be responsible for coverage and support of managing collections of overdue personal balances.
- Responsible for handling appeals on claims.
- Compile information for supervisor/manager for final evaluation prior to write-off
- Responsible for posting miscellaneous income into the billing system or sending to the accounting department for deposit.
- Manages insurance and patient refunds.
- Responsible to balance daily postings in billing system with bank and EFT deposits.
- Makes bank deposit (at bank branch) according to department schedule.
- Serves as a resource for A/R follow up financial complications (i.e. offsets, etc.)
- Scans EOB’s that were posted for the day; copies and scans benefit exhaustion letters to billers for Work comp and Auto claims.
- Responsible for compiling, reviewing and sending patient statements monthly.
Charge Posting Duties
- Researches all information needed to complete billing processes including obtaining charge information from physicians.
- Responsible for reviewing procedures and/or office visits to verify accuracy of billing tickets to office notes.
- Responsible for reading and evaluating transcription/reports to verify appropriate surgical and procedure CPT and ICD-10 codes.
- Responsible for receiving and data entry of facility charges from the hospital and nursing homes.
- Records CPT and ICD-10 codes accurately and appropriately.
- Evaluates face sheets/EHR for appropriate demographic information.
- Accurately processes the charges in the computer system and balances at the end of the day.
- Prepares and sends electronic and paper claims to insurance companies.
- Responsible for investigating and evaluating new coding and/or coding problems and reporting these to the supervisor for final determination.
- Knowledge of medical terminology with insurance experience required.
- Experience with ICD-10 diagnoses, CPT procedure codes, managing denials and following through until payment is received.
- Experience with accounting procedures and review letters to insurance companies for denied claims.
- Must be detail oriented, well organized with speed and accuracy.
- Knowledge of computers is mandatory along with excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent telephone etiquette required.
- High school graduate with two years progressive insurance and billing experience in a medical environment or successful completion from a certified medical billing school required.
Interested,qualified candidates may submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Medical associates of Erie EOE