Health Information Management Technician
Website Millcreek Community Hospital
Millcreek Community Hospital is seeking a per diem Health Information Management Technician position for day shift.
SUMMARY: The Health Information Management (HIM) Technician is responsible for duties and processes related to medical record retrieval, assembly, maintenance and processing. The HIM Technician safeguards and protects patient’s right to privacy and maintains confidentiality.
Minimum Education: High school or equivalent
Minimum Experience: 0-2 years of related experience required
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Computer/keyboarding skills and working knowledge of office equipment operations required.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- High level of work quality
- Ability to meet deadlines and prioritize work
- Ability to work individually and as a team
- General knowledge of Pennsylvania and federal HIPAA regulations regarding proper release of information procedures preferred.
- Prior exposure to EMR, especially Meditech, preferred
Interested, qualified candidates may submit a resume along with an application by clicking the Apply for this Job Link below. E.O.E.