LECOM Institute for Behavioral Health Mental Health Professional I
LECOM Institute for Behavioral Health
Millcreek Community Hospital, an Equal Opportunity Employer, is currently hiring and Mental Health Professional I to join our LIBH Team!
Join the region’s leading behavioral health system and make a positive impact in the lives of others.
The Mental Health Professional I (MHP1) conducts mental health intakes, care coordination, and transitional care management as well as provides brief mental health therapy to patients and their families upon discharge from inpatient or following evaluation in the emergency department. This position requires the ability to provide intensive case coordination and therapeutic services to all ages of patients with an emotional disturbance or mental illness. The position requires the ability to design crisis safety plans and direct treatment through the LECOM Health network and other community partners.
MHP qualifications meets one of the following:
o Has a graduate degree from a college or university that is accredited by an agency recognized by the United States Department of Education or the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) in a generally recognized clinical discipline in which the degree program includes a clinical practicum.
o Has an equivalent degree from a foreign college or university that has been evaluated by the Association of International Credential Evaluators, Inc. (AICE) or the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES). The Department will accept a general equivalency report from the listed evaluator agencies to verify a foreign degree or its equivalency.
· Licensed as LCSW or LPC preferred
· Possesses knowledge of Erie County Mental Health Resources and mental health level of care determination.
· Skilled in therapeutic interventions.
· Must be able to obtain Act 33/34 and FBI clearances upon hire.
· Must complete Mandated Reporter training within 30 days of hire.
· Must complete crisis management and de-escalation training.
· Exceptional customer service and phone etiquette.
· Ability to maintain effective and organized systems.