Corry Memorial Hospital
LECOM Health Corry Memorial Hospital is seeking a part time Nurse Aide for our Acute Care Unit.
- Assists patients with activities of daily living, provides basic nursing care to patients and assists in maintenance of a safe and clean environment under the direction and supervision of the Registered Nurse and the Licensed Practical Nurse.
- Assists in admission, transfer and discharge of patient.
- Performs basic patient care responsibilities appropriate to condition of the patient.
- Communicates to the RN/LPN any observed changes in patient status and responses.
- Assists with feeding patients and maintaining fluid balance with technique appropriate for patient’s conditions.
- Provides explanation to patient and family prior to administering care to patient; answers questions within scope of practice.
- Performs treatments and provides services within scope of practice, such as nutrition, mobility, hygiene, and the answering of call bells.
- Must have ability to be flexible, organized and function under stressful situations.
- Responds to patients in emergency or physically distressing situations.
- Appropriately cleans and maintains all instruments, equipment, patient units, cupboards, etc as needed on the unit.
- Performs other duties as directed by Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse.