Corry Memorial Hospital
LECOM Health Corry Memorial Hospital is seeking a part time Nurse Aide for our Acute Care Unit.
- Assists patients with activities of daily living, provides basic nursing care to patients and assists in maintenance of a safe and clean environment under the direction and supervision of the Registered Nurse and the Licensed Practical Nurse.
- Assists in admission, transfer and discharge of patient.
- Performs basic patient care responsibilities appropriate to condition of the patient.
- Communicates to the RN/LPN any observed changes in patient status and responses.
- Assists with feeding patients and maintaining fluid balance with technique appropriate for patient’s conditions.
- Provides explanation to patient and family prior to administering care to patient; answers questions within scope of practice.
- Performs treatments and provides services within scope of practice, such as nutrition, mobility, hygiene, and the answering of call bells.
- Must have ability to be flexible, organized and function under stressful situations.
- Responds to patients in emergency or physically distressing situations.
- Appropriately cleans and maintains all instruments, equipment, patient units, cupboards, etc as needed on the unit.
- Performs other duties as directed by Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse.
LECOM Health’s full time employees enjoy the availability of an industry leading benefits package along with competitive wages. Enhanced benefits include Highmark Blue Cross / Blue Shield Health Insurance starting at only $40 a month! Life Insurance and AD&D Insurance is provided to all Full Time employees at no cost. The Health System also offers an excellent 403(b) Retirement Plan to all employees working in excess of 1,000 hours in a year, with an employer match of 100% after completing one year of service.