Nurse Educator RN/LPN
LECOM Institute for Successful Aging
Join our Team at the LECOM Institute for Successful Aging, an Age-Friendly Health System, as a Full-Time Nurse Educator (LPN/RN) within its Skilled Nursing Facilities.
The Nurse Educator is responsible for clinical education and training of all new employees, ongoing education and training of existing employees, as well as maintaining up to date certification and credentialing of all employees.
- The RN and LPN Tuition Reimbursement Program was created to assist LECOM Health employees by offsetting a portion of their educational expenses. Registered Nurses or Licensed Practical Nurses may be eligible for tuition reimbursement up to a maximum of $22,000.* Inquire for plan details.
LECOM’s full time employees enjoy the availability of an industry leading benefits package including:
- Highmark BC/BS Medical Insurance with employee-only coverage costing only $35/ month!
- Full Family Medical Insurance is only $230/month!
- Employees with LECOM Medical Insurance can take advantage of waived co-pays and deductibles at LECOM physicians and Millcreek Community Hospital.
- A 403(b) Retirement Plan with Employer Matching of 133 1/3% after completing one year of service!
- Life Insurance and AD&D Insurance is provided to all Full Time employees at no cost!
- Paid vacation, personal, and sick time accrual
- Referral Bonus program
- Employee recognition events
- Discount available to LECOM Fitness and Wellness Center
- Must be registered by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania as a Licensed Registered Nurse (RN) or Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN).
- Must maintain current certifications in CPR and First Aid.
- Demonstrated expertise in analysis, decision-making, time management, oral and written communication and computer use required.
- Certified Nurse Educator (CNE) preferred.
TYPICAL JOB DUTIES:
- Knowledge, skills, attitude, and energy to consistently provide resident centered care.
- Responsible and accountable for the provision of education to enhance the culture of safety and quality of patient care.
- Will design, implement and revise continuing education programs for nurses focusing on continuing education programs designed to meet individual learning needs or facility wide training initiatives.
- Responsible for the Clinical orientation, training, competency validation and continuing education of the nurse and nurse aid staff.
- Assess staff to identify opportunities for improvement and implement new practices of patient care.
- Assist in the assessment of nursing competencies, staff performance evaluations, and nursing ladder evaluations.
- Works collaboratively with other departments to ensure patient care and satisfaction.
- Operates as a leader and facilitator in decision-making initiatives, at the clinical, departmental, and system levels to provide the highest level of care.
- Must also maintain their clinical skills and licensure; may assist in direct patient care to do so.
- Must be flexible to accept other duties needed or assigned by the resident or institution.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor or management.
The LECOM Institute for Successful Aging is an equal opportunity employer.
* The Tuition Reimbursement Program is a taxable benefit. LECOM Health reserves the right to modify or terminate this program, in whole or in part, in such manner as it shall determine, either alone or in conjunction with other programs of LECOM. Modification or termination may be made by the company for any reason, including but not limited to modifications under the Internal Revenue Code or to comply with applicable state or federal regulations.
Job Type: Full-time