Millcreek Community Hospital
Planning and administering medically prescribed Occupational Therapy treatment for patients suffering from injuries and muscle, nerve, joint and bone diseases, to restore function, relieve pain, and prevent disability by performing the following duties:
CHARACTERISTIC JOB TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This position requires creating an environment and culture that enables LECOM Institute for Successful Aging to fulfill its mission by providing patient-centered treatment, quality and patient safety. The job provides Occupational Therapy services and patient care according to hospital, state, professional and federal regulations and guidelines. The Occupational Therapist will review physician orders, patient‘s condition, and medical records to determine Occupational Therapy treatment required. The Occupational Therapist will:
· Plan and implement written treatment programs based on evaluations and patient data.
· Test and measure patients Upper Extremity strength, motor development, sensory perception, functional capacity, cognition, and fine motor skills.
· Assess and implement treatment based on level of function and promoting independence in areas of Activities of Daily Living Skills and Independent Living Skills.
· Administer treatments involving application of physical agents, evaluating, fitting, and adjusting prosthetic and orthotic devices, as well as administering manual exercises to improve and maintain function.
· Identify and evaluates the effects of treatment at various stages and adjusts treatment to achieve the maximum benefit for the patient
· Be involved with family education, home evaluations, and functional mobility activities that promote community living and well-being especially in the areas of Activities of Daily Living and Independent Living Skills.
· Be involved in education with the patient and/or caregivers to enhance functional independence.
Be able to orient, instruct, and direct work activities of assistants, aides, and students