Corry Memorial Hospital
The Occupational Therapist is responsible for evaluation, planning, directing and administering occupational therapy modalities of treatment as prescribed by a licensed physician in an effort to restore function and prevent disability following injury, disease or physical disability.
characteristic job tasks and responsibilities:
- Review physician orders, patient‘s condition and medical records to determine occupational therapy treatment required.
- Plan and implement written treatment programs based on evaluations and patient data.
- Test and measure patient’s development, sensory perception, and functional capacity.
- Assess and implement treatment based on level of function and learning needs.
- Identify and evaluate the effects of treatment at various stages of rehabilitation and adjust the treatment to achieve the maximum benefit for the patient.
- Be involved with family education activities that promote community living and well-being.
- Educate the patient and/or caregivers to enhance functional independence.
- Record treatment, response, and progress in the electronic medical record.
- Adhere to all HIPPA procedures and guidelines in accordance with LECOM Health’s standard of excellence.
- Direct work activities of assistants.
- Meets the patient’s goals and needs and provides quality care by assessing and interpreting evaluations and test results; determining occupational therapy treatment plans in consultation with physicians or by prescription.
- Assures continuation of therapeutic plan following discharge by designing home exercise programs; instructing patients, families, and caregivers in home exercise programs; recommending and/or providing assistive equipment; recommending outpatient or home health follow-up programs.
- Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
- Maintains patient confidence and protects hospital operations by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- Maintains open communication with Director Of Rehabilitation regarding scheduling and changes
- Attends required hospital meetings.
- Performs other duties as requested by Supervisor.