Millcreek Community Hospital, an Equal Opportunity Employer, is currently hiring a FT40 RN to join our Outpatient Team.
SUMMARY: Provides professional nursing care within an assigned unit; coordinates care planning with other disciplines.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Maintains established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance program, safety, environmental and infection control standards.
2. Writes initial nursing histories, assesses patients’ conditions and develops individual care plans for patients assigned to the unit.
3. Administers and controls narcotics and medications.
4. Assists in formulating and screening Quality Assurance criteria and providing in-service training for staff.
5. Evaluates outcomes of patient care, consults with other specialists as required and adjusts nursing care processes as necessary to ensure optimal patient care.
6. Maintains patient documentation.
7. Maintains a safe, comfortable and therapeutic environment for patients/families in accordance with hospital standards.
8. Maintains patient records and charts to ensure an accurate record of the patient’s medical treatment.
9. Observes emotional stability of patients, expresses interest in their progress and prepares for continuing care after discharge.
10. Assists other members of the nursing team and/or other disciplines.
11. Assists physicians with examinations, procedures and other processes related to direct patient care.
12. Demonstrates sensitivity to patient comfort and privacy.
13. Arranges for patients’ ordered diagnostic and therapeutic services.
1. Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, in-service meetings, and workshops.
2. Attends meetings as required.
3. Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Minimum Education: Associate’s Degree
Minimum Experience: Sufficient previous clinical experience in area of expertise
Req. Certification/Registration: Registration and current RN license; CPR certification
Physical Demands: Prolonged, extensive, or considerable standing/walking
Lifts, positions, pushes and/or transfers patients
Considerable reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, crouching
Working Conditions: Regularly exposed to the risk of blood borne diseases
Contact with patients under wide variety of circumstances
Exposed to unpleasant elements (accident, injuries and illness)
Subject to varying and unpredictable situations
May perform emergency care
Occasionally subjected to irregular hours
Occasional pressure due to multiple calls and inquires