Website LECOM Health Millcreek Community Hospital
Millcreek Community Hospital is seeking a full time Payroll Specialist, 1st shift, 8-4:30pm.
SUMMARY: Responsible for complete, timely, and accurate processing of the bi-weekly Payroll data and all related Payroll functions. Assists with other accounting duties as required or instructed.
- Intimate knowledge of “in house” Payroll processing, and all related transactions.
- Proficient in analyzing, maintaining, and processing Payroll data.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Excel, with a minimum of an intermediate user level (example is that you must be able to make and use Pivot tables in Excel).
- Keen attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to perform quick mental computations and identify incorrect information on transactions and reports.
- Office administrative ability including superb organizational skills, multi-tasking, and clerical expertise.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Processes bi-weekly payroll involving preparation for the next bi-weekly pay, review of employee time sheets, audit of rates and deductions, data entry, preparation and delivery of paychecks/direct deposits, and review and maintenance of the employee transactions to the company retirement plan.
- Coordinates and works with HR and IT, to resolve related issues that effect and/or impact timely processing of the bi-weekly payroll.
- Assists Controller with information gathering and compilation of data for regulatory reports, internal management reports, and the year audited statements.
- Prepares tax deposits, remittances, and reports related to the payroll process. Keeps informed of all government regulations and procedures affecting payroll.
- Processes monthly general and standard journal entries, monthly account reconciliations, and monthly physician billings.
- Performs maintenance and filing of documents and reports (either in hard copy or electronic format).
- Assists in the care and maintenance of department equipment and supplies.
- Serve as a backup (via cross training) in other areas of accounting beyond the typical normal accounting duties of the position.
- Maintains established policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance program and safety standards
- Attends meetings as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Minimum Education: A four year degree in Accounting, or sufficient combination of schooling and prior job experience.
Minimum Experience: Sufficient previous experience in Payroll processing, preferably in a hospital setting. Experience with Kronos and/or Meditech software a big plus. Must have a minimum of “intermediate user level” in Microsoft Excel.