Full Time Licensed Practical Nurse – Parkside at North East- 2nd and 3rd Shift
Website Parkside at North East
LECOM’s Parkside at North East is currently looking for Full Time LPNs for 2nd and 3rd Shift.
The Licensed Practical Nurse combines nursing knowledge and skills to administer medications, provide treatments, perform general nursing duties, and supervisory support to the Personal Care Aides while operating in a resident centered environment.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Knowledge, skills, attitude, and energy to consistently provide resident centered care.
- Respond to call bells promptly and assure that call bells are within resident’s reach.
- Assist residents with the activities of daily living including but not limited to; bathing, dressing, dining, and transportation.
- Participate in the care planning process including implementation and accurate and timely documentation.
- Order, receive, and store medications properly.
- Competent in using medical equipment including but not limited to mechanical lifts, oxygen concentrators, wheelchairs, geri-chairs, electronic thermometers, scales, sphygmomanometers, stethoscope, electric beds, and pulse oximeter.
- Check meal trays and nourishment to ensure proper diet.
- Check medication carts, emergency kits, and exchange keys.
- Supervise the application and removal of all restraints and devices used to position and enable the resident to function as independently as possible.
- Serve a as teacher and role model to the Resident Concierge staff.
- Notify the physician according to current policy related resident status.
Qualifications and Skills
- Current LPN license in PA
- Current CPR Certification
LECOM’s full time employees enjoy the availability of an industry leading benefits package. Includes Highmark Blue Cross / Blue Shield Health Insurance with employee-only coverage costing only $35/ month! Full Family Health Insurance is only $230/month! The Health System also offers a 403(b) Retirement Plan to all employees working in excess of 1,000 hours in a year, with Employer Matching of 133 1/3% after completing one year of service! Life Insurance and AD&D Insurance is provided to all Full Time employees at no cost!
About Parkside at North East:
Parkside at North East is located right on Gibson Park, in the heart of the historic town of North East. Our Community is within walking distance of churches, banks, the McCord Public Library, post office and a variety of shops and eateries. Offering fifty one, beautifully styled one and two bedroom apartment homes, Parkside at North East features a mix of comfort and elegant design in a building that is a historical landmark. Parkside also offers independent living and optional personal care and meal services.