Per Diem Registered Nurse
LECOM Nursing and Rehabilitation
LECOM Nursing and Rehabilitation is seeking a Per Diem RN Supervisor to join our growing team! WE ARE LECOM! This position will require at least one (1) third shift per week every Monday Night. This could be either a 8 hour or a 12 hour shift. Additional hours may be available if desired.
About LECOM Health Nursing and Rehabilitation:
LECOM Health Nursing and Rehabilitation Center provides skilled care in a bright, inviting setting with a highly-trained clinical staff. The facility is located within five miles of all major Erie hospitals, offers 24-hour, seven-day-a-week respiratory therapy with a pulmonary specialist.
Customized care is given through a team approach, meeting the needs of each resident as he or she progresses through therapy.
The LECOM Health Nursing and Rehabilitation team believes that superior clinical care along with unsurpassed attention to service leads to wellness. In addition, our nurturing and experienced staff will care for you or your loved one in a warm and dignified environment. With our leading edge clinical programs, fine dining, recreational activities and amenities, center residents can attain maximum recovery potential.
The Registered Nurse combines leadership and nursing knowledge to assess patient health problems and needs, provide treatments, administer medications, and perform general nursing duties, while operating in a resident centered environment.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Knowledge, skills, attitude, and energy to consistently provide resident centered care.
- Make daily resident rounds and report status of nursing care to the Director of Nursing.
- Respond to call bells promptly and assure that call bells are within resident’s reach.
- Assist residents with the activities of daily living including, but not limited to; bathing, dressing, dining, and transportation.
- Participate in the care planning process including implementation and accurate and timely documentation.
- Order, receive, and store medications properly.
- Competent in using medical equipment including but not limited to mechanical lifts, oxygen concentrators, wheelchairs, geri-chairs, electronic thermometers, scales, sphygmomanometers, stethoscope, electric beds, and pulse oximeter.
- Check meal trays and nourishment to ensure proper diet.
- Check medication carts, emergency kits, and exchange keys.
- Supervise the application and removal of all restraints and devices used to position and enable the resident to function as independently as possible.
- Supervise the timely completion of MDS assessments and care plans with follow up action as needed.
- Review resident admissions and compare physician orders with resident’s care plans.
- Must serve as a teacher and role model to the Resident Concierge staff.
- Must notify the physician according to current policy related resident status.
- Assist with analysis of incident and accident investigation reports to determine cause(s) and implement corrective action(s), when appropriate.
- Must participate in the following: implementation of the Nursing Rehabilitation and Restorative Program; the Quality Assessment and Assurance Program in cooperation with the Quality Assurance Committee; and the interdisciplinary care plan team and weekly Medicare meetings.
- May need to be available for occasional evening and weekend activity programs and to assist during weather emergencies.
Qualifications and Skills
- Must be registered by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania as a Licensed Registered Nurse.
- Must maintain current certifications in CPR and First Aid.
- Demonstrated expertise in analysis, decision-making, time management, oral and written communication and computer use required.