Corry Memorial Hospital
LECOM Health Corry Memorial Hospital is seeking a per diem Pharmacist to work on an as needed basis.
Compounds and dispenses prescribed medications and other pharmaceuticals for patient care after interpreting physician prescription and medication orders. The pharmacist acts as a pharmaceutical informational resource to patients, medical staff, and nursing staff personnel.
Characteristic job tasks and responsibilities:
- Review prescriptions issued by physicians or other authorized prescribers to assure accuracy and determines formulas and ingredients needed.
- Compounds medications using standard formulas and processes such as weighing, measuring and mixing ingredients.
- Monitors all posting onto the patient profiles in order that accuracy, drug allergies, drug interactions, duplicate therapy, rational drug therapy and incompatibilities may be realized and better patient care received.
- Check patient medication cassettes prior to delivery to patient care areas to ascertain that the correct drug, dosage form, schedule and strength is being dispensed.
- Prepares IV admixtures and extemporaneous parenteral products under aseptic conditions.
- Directs pharmacy personnel engaged in admixing, packaging and labeling pharmaceuticals.
- Answers questions and provides information to physicians, nurses, patients and other health care professionals on the appropriate use of medications, drug interactions, side effects, dosage, storage, etc.
- Maintains established procedures concerning quality control, security of controlled substances, and disposal of hazardous waste.
- Director of antibiotic stewardship program.
- Instructs students and other medical personnel on matters relating to pharmacy.
- Reviews and monitors drug therapy that requires dosing adjustments as authorized by the physician.
- Participates in departmental and organizational performance improvement activities.
- Performs other duties as directed by management.