Corry Memorial Hospital
The Physical Therapist provides planning and administers medically prescribed physical therapy treatment for patients suffering from injuries and muscle, nerve, joint and bone disease, to restore function, relieve pain and prevent disability by performing a number of required duties at the direction of the Director of Therapy.
Characteristic Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Review physician orders, patient‘s condition and medical records to determine physical therapy treatment required.
- Plan and implement written treatment programs based on evaluations and patient data.
- Test and measure patient’s strength, motor development, sensory perception, functional capacity.
- Assess and implement treatment based on level of function and promoting mobility.
- Administer treatments involving application of physical agents, evaluating, fitting, and adjusting prosthetic and orthotic devices, administering manual exercises to improve and maintain function.
- Identify and evaluate the effects of treatment at various stages of rehabilitation and adjust the treatment to achieve the maximum benefit for the patient.
- Be involved with family education, home evaluations, and functional mobility activities that promote community living and well-being.
- Educate the patient and/or caregivers to enhance functional independence.
- Record treatment, response, and progress in the electronic medical record.
- Adhere to all HIPPA procedures and guidelines in accordance with LECOM Health’s standard of excellence.
- Direct work activities of assistants.
- Meets the patient’s goals and needs and provides quality care by assessing and interpreting evaluations and test results; determining physical therapy treatment plans in consultation with physicians or by prescription.
- Assures continuation of therapeutic plan following discharge by designing home exercise programs; instructing patients, families, and caregivers in home exercise programs; recommending and/or providing assistive equipment; recommending outpatient or home health follow-up programs.
- Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
- Maintains patient confidence and protects hospital operations by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- Maintains open communication with Director Of Rehabilitation regarding scheduling and changes
- Will substitute for patient interdisciplinary meetings in place of Director of Rehabilitation if needed.
- Performs other duties as requested by Supervisor.