PRTF Behavioral Health Tech.
Website Lecom Health Millcreek Community Hospital
Millcreek Community Hospital is seeking a full time Psychiatric Residential Treatment Facility Behavioral Health Tech for 3rd shift.
SUMMARY: Provides assistance in meeting the daily living needs of patients within the therapeutic setting. Directs patient activities designed to improve biopsychosocial functioning. Responsible for the implementing daily activities and for the supervision of patients.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participates as a member of a multidisciplinary treatment team and provides feedback to Unit Leader and Case Manager.
- Facilitates daily routine on the unit. These duties include:
- Ensuring firm adherence to unit schedule
- Passing meals
- Providing positive support during academic instruction
- Following a psycho-education & therapeutic curriculum designed by treatment team to lead & facilitate groups
- Leading and participating in special activities on the unit
- Occasionally preparing and leading groups
- Ongoing monitoring of safety
- Provides least restrictive intervention to ensure safe and supportive de-escalation of patients experiencing distress
- Utilizes physical intervention in accordance with training when required to maintain physical safety of patients
- Adheres to a Trauma Informed Approach
- Maintains a safe and therapeutic environment and the supervision of the patients.
- Completes timely and quality documentation, including shift note and
- Demonstrates professional behavior and interactions at all times with patients, family members, other professionals and staff.
- Participates in staff training programs designed to improve professional knowledge and skills that will enhance clinical expertise and patient care.
- Executes various (administrative and organizational) duties as assigned
Education Requirements: High School Diploma or equivalent required
B.A./B.S. in psychology or related field preferred
Minimum Experience: A minimum of one year of experience in behavioral healthcare setting preferred. Experience in residential or partial setting strongly preferred.