PRTF Case Manager
Website Lecom Health Millcreek Community Hospital
Millcreek Community Hospital is seeking a full time Psychiatric Residential Treatment Facility Case Manager.
SUMMARY: Plans, organizes and implements social work and therapy services for patient and families.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance program, safety, environmental and infection control standards.
- Demonstrates compassion, respect, professionalism, and competence in working with the assigned population, with specific understanding of developmental challenges, and appropriate interactions with the assigned cohort.
- Meets individually with patients and families to complete detailed psychosocial assessments and conducts individual and family therapy sessions to gain insight into patient situations, strengths, and needs. Assist patients, family or identified support persons with identification of goals.
- Obtains necessary releases of information and other patient consents to coordinate treatment, discharge planning, and communication of patient status with appropriate individuals and agencies.
- Evaluates data gathered in terms of the medical plan of treatment, works as member of treatment team, presenting information to Psychiatrist and other members of interdisciplinary team regarding patient’s family, social background, and other information pertinent to diagnosis and treatment.
- Maintains contact with patient and their support persons throughout inpatient care to assist with interpreting psychiatric and medical treatment for understanding, and acceptance. Schedules and facilitates meetings with support persons and medical team as needed.
- Coordinates discharge planning, referrals, and continuity of care with community resources to help patient resume life in the community. Provides education to patient and identified support persons regarding discharge instructions and follow up care.
- Facilitates the development of discharge plans and post-hospital care plans with hospital providers, patient, support persons, and community resources.
- Collaborates with other hospital programs and community agencies with which patient is involved.
- Maintains required documentation on each patient case to include documentation of contact and discussions with patients, support persons, other collateral contacts, information about involuntary mental health hearings, and pertinent discharge planning information.
- Demonstrates proficiency in providing counseling services, provides individual and group therapy as identified by unit programming and patient needs.
- Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, inservice meetings, and workshops.
- Attends meetings as required, to include monthly Behavioral Health staff meeting.
- Schedules and facilitates involuntary inpatient mental health hearings, completing required forms and reading patient rights as required.
- Provides supervision to social work interns from area colleges and universities, as able.
- Completes PA600 Medical Assistance applications and other appropriate referral applications as indicated.
- Assists with unit functioning by answering phones, and doors, help with linens and meals as needed/able, etc.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Education: Master’s Degree in Social Work, Mental Health Counseling or related social service discipline required
Experience: Child and Adolescent Social Work Experience Clinical experience—providing individual and family therapy
Required Certification/Registration: Valid PA driver’s license
*Therapeutic Holds Training
(*To be obtained within 60 days of hire.)
Interested, qualified candidates may submit a resume along with an application by clicking the Apply for this Job link below or mail a resume to Human Resources, Millcreek Community Hospital, 5515 Peach Street, Erie PA 16509. EOE