Corry Memorial Hospital
To greet patients, visitors, and vendors who enter our facility in compliance with the LECOM Health Corry Memorial Hospital policies and procedures. The Receptionist is also responsible for various administrative duties.
characteristic job tasks and responsibilities:
- Open lobby daily which includes unlocking doors, turning on lights, obtaining cash drawer and turning on phones.
- Balance cash drawer daily.
- Count cafeteria deposit and write receipts daily.
- Greet patients in a courteous and respectful manner.
- Maintain organized patient flow throughout shift.
- Collect payments from patients.
- Answer hospital switchboard.
- Direct patients, visitors and vendors.
- Page physicians when needed.
- Sign in vendors and issue visitors badge.
- Fold and stuff mail for distribution.
- Scan documents.
- Change patient status in the system.
- Assist with tasks for various departments.
- Substitute for Registration as needed.
- Register lab drop offs.
- Print daily schedule.
- Print room census.
- Note returned mail/find new addresses if able.
- Clean and disinfect pagers after every use.
- Assist with other tasks as assigned by Revenue Cycle Manager.
Enhanced benefits include Highmark Blue Cross/Blue Shield Health Insurance starting at only $55 a month. Life insurance and AD & D insurance provided to full time employees at no cost. The health system also offers an excellent 403b retirement plan to all employees working in excess of 1,000 hours in a year, with an employer match of 100% after completing one year of service.