Corry Memorial Hospital
To register patients who are unscheduled for outpatient services in compliance with the LECOM Health Corry Memorial Hospital policies and procedures.
Characteristic Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
· Register patients and update existing patient demographics by collecting detailed information including personal and financial information along with correct system information.
· Confirm and verify insurance benefits with the appropriate carrier via eligibility verification and/or appropriate insurance websites.
· Scan insurance card, driver’s license and order(s).
· Print face sheet(s), labels and apply arm bands on patients.
· Validate physician’s order for all appropriate information.
· Contact physician’s office if there is no order on file/or need new standing order.
· Collect any co-payments due.
· Complete all applicable forms and necessary communications while obtaining signature for consent to treatment and financial responsibility, HIPAA and Photo Consents.
· Notify departments of patient’s arrival.
· Direct patients to appropriate department for testing.
· File orders in drawer alphabetically as they come in from fax machine.
· Purge orders from drawer that are over 6 months old; verify if testing was done; send to physician’s office to let them know patient did have done at our facility.
· Follow up calls made to Physician’s offices if information not received.
· Look up Physician information if ordering physician is not in the system and add it; Give information to Special Projects Personnel.
· Late Add Ons are registered if not done by pre-reg/insurance verification.
· Assist with other tasks as assigned.
LECOM Health’s full time employees enjoy the availability of an industry leading benefits package along with competitive wages. Enhanced benefits include Highmark Blue Cross / Blue Shield Health Insurance starting at only $55 a month! Life Insurance and AD&D Insurance is provided to all Full Time employees at no cost. The Health System also offers an excellent 403(b) Retirement Plan to all employees working in excess of 1,000 hours in a year, with an employer match of 100% after completing one year of service.