Website Millcreek Community Hospital
Millcreek Community Hospital is seeking a full Time Registration Clerk for Variable Shifts
SUMMARY: Interviews incoming patients or representative and enters information required for admission into computer by performing the following duties.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Interviews patient or representative to obtain and record name, address, age, religion, persons to notify in case of emergency, attending physician, and individual or insurance company responsible for payment of bill.
- Schedules and co-ordinates appointments for elective surgery.
- Reviews hospital admissions to ensure accurate financial and biographical data and documentation have been obtained and properly entered into the hospital records.
- Explains hospital regulations such as visiting hours, etc.
- Takes telephone orders for Outpatient Surgeries and Outpatient testing.
- Escorts patient or arranges for escort to assigned room or ward.
- Enters patient admitting information into computer and routes printed copy to designated department.
- Obtains signed statement from patient to protect hospital’s interests.
- Obtains signatures on all necessary insurance forms, assignments, etc.
- Compiles data for occupancy and census records.
- Collects deposits or deductibles as required.
- After patient services rendered, compiles all charges, makes copies for physicians when needed.
- Prepares all data/material for E.R. Physicians billing.
- Files all ER/OP, Clinic, and Physical Therapy charts.
- Matches reports to corresponding chart in preparation for coding. After charts have been coded, separates charts for filing and billing.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education Requirements: High School diploma or general education degree (GED)
Minimum Experience: One to three months related experience and/or training; or Equivalent combination of education and experience; Familiarity with medical terminology
Interested, qualified candidates may submit a resume along with an application by clicking the Apply for this Job link below. E.O.E