RESPIRATORY THERAPIST – LECOM Nursing and Rehabilitation
LECOM Nursing and Rehabilitation
LECOM Nursing and Rehabilitation is currently seeking Per Diem Respiratory Therapists!
Administers respiratory therapy care and life support to patients with deficiencies and abnormalities of cardiopulmonary system, under supervision of Physician and by prescription, by performing the following duties.
About LECOM Health Nursing and Rehabilitation:
LECOM Health Nursing and Rehabilitation Center provides skilled care in a bright, inviting setting with a highly-trained clinical staff. The facility is located within five miles of all major Erie hospitals, offers 24-hour, seven-day-a-week respiratory therapy with a pulmonary specialist.
Customized care is given through a team approach, meeting the needs of each resident as he or she progresses through therapy.
The LECOM Health Nursing and Rehabilitation team believes that superior clinical care along with unsurpassed attention to service leads to wellness. In addition, our nurturing and experienced staff will care for you or your loved one in a warm and dignified environment. With our leading edge clinical programs, fine dining, recreational activities and amenities, center residents can attain maximum recovery potential.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reads prescription, arterial blood gas analysis and reviews patient information to assess patient condition and determine requirements for treatment such as type and duration of therapy, and medication and dosage.
- Determines most suitable method of administering inhalants, precautions to be observed, and modifications which may be needed that will be compatible with Physician’s orders.
- Sets up and operates devices such as mechanical ventilators, therapeutic gas administration apparatus environmental control systems.
- Operates equipment to ensure specified parameters of treatment such as volume, gas concentration, humidity, and temperature, and to administer medicinal gases and aerosol drugs to patients.
- Monitors patient’s physiological responses to therapy such as vital signs, arterial blood gases, and blood chemistry changes.
- Performs bronchopulmonary drainage and assists patient in performing breathing exercises.
- Observe equipment function and adjusts equipment to obtain optimum results to therapy.
- Consults with Physician in event of adverse reactions.
- Maintains patient’s chart that contains pertinent identification and therapy information.
- Inspects and tests respiratory therapy equipment to ensure equipment is functioning safely and efficiently. Orders repairs when needed.
- Demonstrates respiratory care procedures to trainees and other health care personnel.