Corry Memorial Hospital
LECOM Health Corry Memorial Hospital is seeking Per Diem Registered Nurses for the Operating Room, Emergency Department and Acute Care Unit.
Provides direct and indirect patient care in the medical-surgical setting. Communicates with physicians/nurse manager/co-workers, as appropriate about changes in patient’s clinical condition including results of diagnostic studies and symptomatology. Is able to respond quickly and accurately to changes in condition or response to treatment. Additionally, is able to perform general nursing duties in all departments with adequate supervision.
Characteristic job tasks and responsibilities:
- Knowledge of medication s and their correct administration based on age of the patient and their clinical condition.
- Performs patient care responsibilities considering needs specific to the standard of care for patients age.
- Ability to perform a head to toe assessment on all patients and reassessments as per policy. This includes: pediatric, geriatric and the general patient population.
- Ability to revise plan of care as indicated by the patients response to treatment and evaluate overall plan daily for effectiveness.
- Formulates a teaching plan based upon identified learning needs and evaluates effectiveness of learning, family is included in teaching as appropriate.
- Demonstrates ability to perform treatments and provide services to level of licensure.
- Communicates appropriately and clearly to Nurse Manager, co-workers and physicians.
- Consults other departments as appropriate to provide for an interdisciplinary approach to the patient’s needs.
- Provides care appropriate to condition and age of the patient, including: pediatric, geriatric and general population.
- Demonstrates and ability to assist physicians with procedures and performs services requiring technical and manual skills.
- Demonstrates an ability to be flexible, organized and function under stressful situations.
- Treats patients and their families with respect and dignity; ensures patient confidentiality.
- Interacts professionally with patient/family and involves patient/family in the formation of the plan of care.
- Maintains a good working relationship both within the department and with other departments.
- Documentation must meet current standards and policies.
- Identifies and addresses psychosocial needs of patients and family; communicates with social service/discharge planner regarding both in hospital and post discharge needs.
- Manages and operates equipment safely and correctly.
- Coordinates and supervises patient care as necessary.
- Performs other duties as directed by Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse.